The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Thanks for the likes and compliments for the "Wein Press" shot.

We where quite lucky with our visit at the Cloister because the light was beautiful. It was very harsh outside but inside ( normally very dark) it was just perfect.

BTW i carried only two lenses in a smallish bag: The 24/70 and the 135/1.8.
The 24/70 was the right choice: OSS was helpful with the indoor shots and smaller apertures for more DOF. The f-range is very handy....

"Kloster Eberbach: Dormitorium"

DSC00029.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

"Window, Winepress Hall"

DSC09981.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Great Balloon UHDR, I like how you've placed it perfectly against the backdrop of clouds.

Last sunday was the 250th day of 2014, so a good reason to shoot some at the long end of my Sony 18-250. I think this is a quite capable superzoom. For this occasion it was mounted on my old and trusty KM5D from 2006 (my first digital DSLR). Even though it's only 6MP and AF is slugish and not the most accurate it still produces nicely rendered images.

Dive in:

Little roses:

Indian Cress:

Hydrangea

pegelli

You're building up a beautiful series of horseriding pictures Georg. I like the first and the last you posted the best, but they all have quality.

Some from a beach walk in Knokke (near the edge with the Zeebrugge harbour) with the NEX6 and a Leica Summicron M 50/2 DR

1: Lonely Poles

2: Poles and lines

3: Quicksand warning

Great if you "like" them, comments and improvement suggestions are even more welcome :)

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

I like the first and the last you posted the best, but they all have quality.
Me too!

I am trying to get my head around b&w processing which is a book of seven seals for me right now. Working from my laptop doesn't help either I guess. Unscientificly and without real knowledge in b&w I process to taste.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

You're building up a beautiful series of horseriding pictures Georg. I like the first and the last you posted the best, but they all have quality.

Some from a beach walk in Knokke (near the edge with the Zeebrugge harbour) with the NEX6 and a Leica Summicron M 50/2 DR

1: Lonely Poles
I used to be every day on the beach for 8 years, sob... I miss the beach.:cry:

pegelli

I used to be every day on the beach for 8 years, sob... I miss the beach.:cry:
We live "inland" but rent an appartment in Knokke that we use far too little. Now that I'm retired and have more time I hope we'll spend much more time there. The beach and sea are just too relaxing to ignore.

You'll also find structures like these there

1: Knots and balls

2: Ball on a line

3: Ball on a line II

Same combo: NEX6 + Leica Summicron 50/2 DR

Barry Haines

That's not a sow's ear Barry, excellent toning and light. ;)
Many thanks Pieter, most appreciated...Having done two sow's ear in a row (mirrored garden and steam train), I was beginning to think I was on a downhill slope :(
Have likewise been enjoying :thumbup: your work of late also on the other Sony thread...Cheers Barry

UHDR

Great Balloon UHDR, I like how you've placed it perfectly against the backdrop of clouds.
thank you for your kind words :D I have a set of extension tube coming, so may be i can shoot some close up with the 70-400mm too. :)

Barry Haines

Barry; Strange piece of glass you used for 'The garden tourist'! :chug:
Michiel...I think the image is probably a little confusing without at least some kind of explanation (verbally and visually).
It was taken yesterday at a stately home garden here in Cornwall...In the garden itself stood a 3 sided mirror obelisk about 10ft tall.
The mirrors comprised of a regular mirror on one side a convex and concave mirror on the other 2 sides.
Needless to say that the convex mirror exaggerated the midriff somewhat, this explains why my non smiling (Garden Tourist) wife was rather hesitant to pose for me.
In other words it wasn’t very flattering to the vanity of the female persuasion...To be honest the convex mirror hasn’t exactly done my 32 inch waist :LOL: any favours either!

PS. Any updates on your A7r camera getting fixed anytime soon?...It would be nice to have you back here again...Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

I had a premonition that the lady acting as a garden tourist could coincidental be your wife. ;)

My camera is still gone. Hope it will be back in time.
I have been posting some images in between in the Other cameras-Ricoh GXR thread, but nobody is looking :poke:
Only the best sensor is good enough or brand loyalty keeps my friends away from the outskirts of this forum :cry:

W.Utsch

Ahh,...there you are!
I was never looking at the Ricoh thread.

Just added the likes.....
Very good shots with 21/1.8 :)

Barry Haines

I had a premonition that the lady acting as a garden tourist could coincidental be your wife. ;)

My camera is still gone. Hope it will be back in time.
I have been posting some images in between in the Other cameras-Ricoh GXR thread, but nobody is looking :poke:
Only the best sensor is good enough or brand loyalty keeps my friends away from the outskirts of this forum :cry:
Your premonition/hunch was right it's an awful picture of her and she still hates me for uploading it - But I have my model release form (M. cert) from 35 years ago, so it was to late for her to stop me! ;)
Hopefully you should get your camera back before you go to NYC when you pick up your 14mm lens (or possibly you could just hire and tryout the A7S :eek: on arrival).
You have so many great :thumbup: A7R images sitting on Flickr that I don't think you have shown yet in this thread, they should hopefully tide you over until it returns.
Had no idea that you were posting images elsewhere, as I have no brand loyalty I will go and try and find them and give you a bit of support...Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.