The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Looks great in colour Georg, I think better than in B&W. Gives it a more joyous atmosphere.

Bokehlicious

A850 + CZ 135/1.8 @ f1.8

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Barry - Both very nice! The first one is lovely.
Many thanks jaree - I really like your Mount Greylock series on the other page, in particular the second shot, a magical place for children!...Nicely seen :thumbup:
Cheers Barry

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Hi Barry,

Would you like to share the making of fireworks abstract? At a first glance I was tempted to think that this might be a curtain blowing in the wind of an open window and a photoshop styliser or something the likes was used afterwards, but on a second glance, I don't think so.

Barry Haines

Hi Barry,

Would you like to share the making of fireworks abstract? At a first glance I was tempted to think that this might be a curtain blowing in the wind of an open window and a photoshop styliser or something the likes was used afterwards, but on a second glance, I don't think so.

Hi Georg, no problem - I think!!!...I made the original image a while ago in Nov 2012, so I cannot remember the exact settings/colours etc... All I did was mogrify2/frame that old image yesterday.

I have just tried very roughly replicating that idea in principle (in CS) as best I can in stages...It should give you at least some insight how it was achieved...Although the finished image looks somewhat different.

STAGE 1 (ORIGNINAL FIREWORK) 10 second exposure on a tripod with a 85mm lens.

STAGE 2...Channel mixer -200% Green > Invert > Save Tiff

STAGE 3...Repeat as Stage 2 but making another image from the original firework image but choosing a different colour + 200% Blue > Invert > Save Tiff

STAGE 4....Rotate Stage 3 by 180 deg and paste on a new layer on top of stage stage 2 > Fade opacity 50% > Flatten layers > Auto contrast.

STAGE 5...Duplicate layer with a background copy...This time I chose frosted glass (20 distort / 2 Smoothness)...I think I used Paint Daubs in the image posted yesterday > Fade opacity 20%

STAGE 6....(Hue/Saturation) Saturation +70 to punch up the colours again.

Voila...Hope that helps...Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

Got my camera back. Drove 4 hours to collect it because they did not want to guarantee it would be shipped today and on monday's not postal service. Had to do it.

All camera settings were changed so these shots were in JPG fine mode, not very good.
But the output of this Contax N zoom looks very promising. probably will take it with me on the trip. Colors are not what I want them to be. More tests tomorrow.
BTW I use the Kipon adapter.

These are from the city of Gouda. They were starting a children's marathon. All coincidence.

Barry Haines

Got my camera back. Drove 4 hours to collect it because they did not want to guarantee it would be shipped today and on monday's not postal service. Had to do it.

All camera settings were changed so these shots were in JPG fine mode, not very good.
But the output of this Contax N zoom looks very promising. probably will take it with me on the trip. Colors are not what I want them to be. More tests tomorrow.
BTW I use the Kipon adapter.
Great news Michiel :thumbs:
Lovely to have you back here again, it's been a while :):grin::)
Only a A7R camera requires such extreme measures as a 4 hour drive :salute:
Perhaps you can persuade Werner from keep parading off his 135/f1.8 he's driving me nuts :cussing: Cheers Barry

Ron Pfister

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I last posted. Lots of wonderful images, everyone! I've just returned from East Greenland. The landscapes there beg description - I've never seen anything like it. it's simply stunning! Here a taste of what it was like:

More to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.