The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Wandering around the alley ways of Bodmin I came upon a very sad sight indeed.
Now, there is a White Lion Road in Bodmin, and there is a "Red Lion Inn" with supposedly excellent steaks and a "Hole In The Wall" pub, but a white lion behind a window? :wtf:

Barry Haines

Now, there is a White Lion Road in Bodmin, and there is a "Red Lion Inn" with supposedly excellent steaks and a "Hole In The Wall" pub, but a white lion behind a window? :wtf:
Hi Georg, thanks for taking the time to check it out.
The Red Lion Inn is quite away out of Bodmin town itself...But you guessed right it's the "Hole in the Wall" pub that has this poor spectacle in it's back yard!
The Lion is obviously deceased (stuffed by some taxidermist many moons ago and neglected ever since)...I personally hate this sort of a thing I find it quite abhorrent but the Victorians loved it.

gurtch

Sony A7R, Sony smart adapter, Minolta 20mm f2.8 lens. RAW processed in ACR, using the Sony 20mm f2.8 lens profile. Sky and foreground isolated, put on own layer, then adjustment layers added to each separately, and optimized separately. All taken hand held, camera resting on piling or railing. All shot with same camera, same lens, same spot---starting before the actual sunset, continuing for about 45 minutes for the afterglow, the sky just kept changing. September here on LBI is the best! Thanks for looking.
Dave, 77 year old Amateur in NJ
MODERN PICTORIALS

gurtch

It's been a bit quiet today in this thread with all the exciting Sony announcements.

So time for a snap!
I rarely use 50 iso but I'm constantly surprised just how much detail the A7R/55mm FE can resolve when set at 50 iso...This one was handheld at F8...Cheers Barry

Edit: Apologies Werner for posting straight after your image, I didn't see yours - Accidental I can assure you... Cheers Barry
Interesting that the fishing gear on this side of the Atlantic is similar. Here are some similar to yours taken in New Jersey, USA. Best regards, and nice shot!
Dave in NJ

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Tried a bit of macro today.

A heteroptera sitting in the sun on our clean laundry in the garden

A850 + Sigma 180/3.5, handheld

Barry Haines

Interesting that the fishing gear on this side of the Atlantic is similar. Here are some similar to yours taken in New Jersey, USA. Best regards, and nice shot!
Dave in NJ
Many thanks Dave, that's some amazing skies that you have managed to capture there. :salute:
I guess the fishing gear is probably very similar both sides of the Atlantic looking at your images, not that I know the first thing about fishing at sea :D
A warm welcome to you...Look forward to seeing more of your images...Cheers Barry

Slingers

Sony NEX 7 + Zeiss Sonnar FE 35/2.8

I was playing around with my maxstone that allows me to control the camera from my iphone. It works a lot better than a remote. With a remote i find it has to be pointed directly at the ir receiver but with this i get same functionality as newer cameras.

jlm

Workshop Member

michiel:

you have landed in a particularly great weather pattern, the very best for NYC

MikalWGrass

As long as water polo practice will be from 7-9 in the evening, I might have to get one of those slick low light monsters, the a7s. I don't need to track the water polo ball but I need something a bit better in low light.

Ancient Sony a900 with the ZA 135/1.8 at 3200. This lens on a better body, and an M6 and 50/1.4 'lux are what I will take with me to the afterlife. Minimally post processed.

WaterPoloBlock by MikalWGrass, on Flickr

dwood

"Michiel went to the B&H Super Store in New York and was never heard from again" :D

Enjoy your stay in the Big Apple! Best city on the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.