The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Just exploring tilt for DOF control with the Cambo Actus using an 80mm CF Planar on the A7R. This was with 5 degrees tilt at f/8.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Pegelli - I know what you mean about the sea disappearing. The sky was darkest on that side of the beach because of the approaching storm but I liked the contrast of the kite against the sky. I will post close ups later.
Mikal, what I really meant is that the horizon was not straight and leaning down to the right. I know it's a nit and on another site I'm being called a member of the horizon police.:grin:

Great close-ups, especially like the action and the expressions on their faces.

biglouis

Nice. My favorite 28 on the A7R.
Carl, thanks for the comment. I only just received the lens and I agree it is sharp and colourful. However, pointed directly into light, or side light just outside the frame I get what seems to be a lot of what appears to be veiling flare. Do you experience this with your one?

I am getting hold of a lens hood to try and mitigate it.

LouisB

biglouis

^^^^ Barry Haines: super WATE shots ^^^^

They'll be asking for independence, next!

LouisB

Barry Haines

Thanks Werner (Bacchus :chug: ), those grapes look good enough to drink! All that beautiful tempting fruit from you and Carl and it's enough to turn a carnivore into a vegetarian!

Michiel...Lovely shots from NYC. Was that intentional before you arrived to include a high rise water tank in most of your city skyline shots or did you just gravitate to that idea on arrival?...Either way it works. :thumbs:

Doug, Excellent :salute: A simple enough idea (those invariably turn out to be the best images)...I suspect that if you made a negative from that image it would end up looking like a tank track in the sand.

Joe...You ended up settling for a common garden green lizard...You couldn't manage to find a blue one then :ROTFL: you MUST try harder.

Many thanks Louis...More like "DEMANDING" No more concessions please Dave :lecture:

MikalWGrass

P, I see what you mean about the horizon.

Thanks for the compliments about the close ups. The close ups are actually cropped because I didn't have the reach with me lens / body combo, and if I did have the reach, I am not sure that I have the skill to be as precise as I was in the crops.

Maybe I will submit these to a magazine if I can get the appropriate releases. Any thoughts?

Michiel Schierbeek

I barely use the other lenses I brought, the Contax N 24-85 is so versitale and it does deliver the goods. It is a bit big or more so it is fat. It ain't that long actually.
I use my batterygrip as well for balnce and I never run out of juice during the entire day.

Another way of looking at downtown Manhatten.

scho

Carl, thanks for the comment. I only just received the lens and I agree it is sharp and colourful. However, pointed directly into light, or side light just outside the frame I get what seems to be a lot of what appears to be veiling flare. Do you experience this with your one?

I am getting hold of a lens hood to try and mitigate it.

LouisB
Yes, but not with the lens hood attached.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

"Akupressure and Gymnastics"

Like human athletes high performance race horses benefit from some warm up gymnastics and akupressure before training. A few quick impressions. All Zeiss 24-70mm f/2.8 @ f4.0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.