The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodad66

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

This one shot truly speaks to the dynamic range available with this A7R.
I had been shooting in the sun when I spotted this lil guy. I grabbed the
shot but when I got home the image was REALLY dark. It took a bunch of
processing but I'm quite happy with the result!!

The ducks were a hoot! All I had was the 28-50 so I just squatted down & shot
some scenery. The ducks were too far away. I'm messing with settings & going into
the menu and I notice the ducks heading my way. I shove it down to wide, hold the
camera close to the ground & blindly shoot. The great thing was this one duck kept
flapping her/his wings..... just like he was proud of them!!

bcf

How do you like the Nikon 28-50 zoom? This is a very compact lens, with constant f/3.5 aperture, rather good according to Bjotn Rorslett. How does it do on the A7?

hodad66

bcf, I have had it for a while but never used it much on my NEX 7 or OMD. The shot
with the child and the other with the ducks were from the first hour of use on the A7R.
I have to admit that I will be using it some more from what I have seen. Stay tuned..... ;-)

I just went into Photoshop & did a quick process..... This is another duck shot which is
easily only half of the frame.

I darkened the sky, used some detail and slight levels.

This is the 100% crop, unretouched but reduced in size by Flickr. Considering that
I was squatting on my old knees, holding the camera down by my ankles, at 65 I
am not that steady anyway & the ducks were constantly moving with me adjusting
the manual focus. I think that the lens / camera did pretty good.... ;-)

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Nice textures in that bollard picture Bill

I spent last weekend in London with a couple of friends. Coming from the mainland our first port of call was St Pancras (but we didn't have any goodies at the champagne bar)

Both A900 + Minolta 16/2.8 fish

scho

A little fall color at the Cornell arboretum ponds. A7R+Sony FE 55 1.8 Sonnar.

Barry Haines

Dame Barbara Hepworth – Oval with Two Forms (1971)
Taken this afternoon at the Barbara Hepworth Museum. St. Ives, Cornwall.
(No flash allowed - Taken hand held at 1600 iso under dim lighting conditions in a darkened room).

Barry Haines

Another Barbara Hepworth sculpture...This one is known as “The Bride” (1970). She is made out of plaster (part of the “Family of Man” series).
She is sitting without the rest of her family in a rather run down conservatory, presumably as protection from the typical Cornish elements.
I included the chair within the picture as representative of a diminutive “Groom” otherwise she was looking rather sad and lonely like Miss Havisham from Great Expectations.
(No flash allowed - Taken hand held at 2000 iso under dim lighting conditions).

Barry Haines

It's been a bit quiet here today?...Here's another A7R shot taken in Somerset before everybody uploads this evening...Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.