The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

On Sunday we visited Richmond Park, well known for it's rutting deer during the fall:

Old stag defending his harem

A900 + Min 200/2.8 HS G + Sony APO 1.4x converter, 1/800, f5.6, iso640, handheld

A younger stag watching it's chances

A900 + Min 200/2.8 HS G + Sony APO 1.4x converter, 1/200, f5.0, iso1250, handheld

More to come from this very fine weekend in London :toocool:

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Barry: Thank you for skies without vapor trails.

Roy Benson
Roy you are most welcome :)
They are stuck on the end of my healing brush...Just shout when you want them back :D

Also congratulations on your 1000th post :)

f/otographer

Hi all. Been a while since I posted. Didnt shoot a lot this summer due to some horrendous allergies. But the fall weather has got me back outside.

First a few from the A7 and Konica Hexanon AR 200/4

And some from the Minolta MC Rokkor PF 55/1.7

Hope you enjoy our little Zoo trip as much as we did.

EDIT- Last photo is actually from the Hexanon 200/4 as well, not the Minolta as listed. Derp. :)

Last edited:

pegelli

I wish I had a TS lens for this kind of work :cry:
Michiel, have you tried any of the software options for that? As stand alone PTLens works quite nicely and the facility in Lightroom also does a fair job of correcting keystone perspective. Trick is to make sure you have enough room around your subject in the frame to end up with the picture you have in mind. Ultimate quality/sharpness suffers, but it's better than nothing.

Slingers

Testing out my Carl Zeiss Mutar II 2x Teleconverter it was late and handheld.

300mm before:

300mm + 2x TC after:

A rough matching crop of the before:

Then i got out my extension tubes + helicoid to take the lens from 1:4 to 1:1.7 @100mm but ran out of light

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, have you tried any of the software options for that? As stand alone PTLens works quite nicely and the facility in Lightroom also does a fair job of correcting keystone perspective. Trick is to make sure you have enough room around your subject in the frame to end up with the picture you have in mind. Ultimate quality/sharpness suffers, but it's better than nothing.
I do use it quiet often for my facades and Window dressing series but on this scale you loose so much and also it starts to look really unnatural.

Barry Haines

One of only a few piers left remaining here in Cornwall.
This one is at Looe and is known as the "Banjo Pier" because that is the shape as it appears when seen from a birds-eye view.

f 10

View from the French coast to the English coast.
In between are at least 40km

a7r @ ISO 1250 | Leitz Telyt 4,8/280mm

and 100% Crop

Barry Haines

View from the French coast to the English coast.
In between are at least 40km

a7r @ ISO 1250 | Leitz Telyt 4,8/280mm
Carsten, that’s pretty amazing to see the opposite side of the English Channel that clearly. :salute:

The other day I decided to take the one hour drive down to St. Ives, hoping on the off chance of getting a nice pleasant shot of the harbour :)
I took up my spot and as soon as I reached for my camera a man drove straight onto the beach in his white van to pickup his boat :banghead:
I said to myself...”Just a bit of patience was called for and he would soon be gone, then I could take my snap” :angel:

Just twenty one minutes later and now the tide has come in, yes you guessed it he’s now stuck in the sand! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Everybody that doesn’t mind getting wet helps out (See inset) and eventually he is back on the tarmac :clap: :clap: :clap:
You will be pleased to know that I managed to stay dry as somebody had to capture the event for you all to see :D :D :D

Last edited:

pegelli

@ Slingers, I must admit that I don't see a whole lot of difference in resolution between the 2x converter and the cropped shot, so unless you need all the pixels the converter seems of limited practical use (unless like me you just like to test and play with different pieces of equipment :loco:)

What struck me however was the absence of purple fringing or CA against the bright sky, so it seems whichever way you look at it the set seems optically pretty good. :thumbup:

hodad66

I haven't shot surf in over seven years so my focusing skills were
horrible...... i got a few.

Sony A7R with Canon FD 500mm f4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.