The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

Good compositions!

One probably dumb question, Michiel... I suppose the Contax zoom is manual focus on the A7r? Is the focusing easy?
I don't have the Contax 24-85 but I do have the 85, 100, 135, and 180. They are all easy to focus... Actually all mechanical focus manual lenses are extremely easy to use. I don't always use focus peaking but it does get you close quickly. The zoom on C1 is a good feature to check and fine tune your focus spot.

Godfrey

Lovely photos, all. Nice to get back up to date with what's happening in A7/r/s land. ;-)

G

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Here's a few "sweep panoramas" from our walk through London on Saturday.
This facility works quite well I think, but it needs details to line up the stitches, and I had some failures as well when the background was too far away or even.

Shard to Gherkin

Shard and Tower Bridge

Limehouse Marina

Victoria Dock

All NEX6 with the Summaron M 35/2.8

Slingers

@ Slingers, I must admit that I don't see a whole lot of difference in resolution between the 2x converter and the cropped shot, so unless you need all the pixels the converter seems of limited practical use (unless like me you just like to test and play with different pieces of equipment :loco:)

What struck me however was the absence of purple fringing or CA against the bright sky, so it seems whichever way you look at it the set seems optically pretty good. :thumbup:
My first thoughts were I didn't notice a difference as well.

Are you using the panorama mode on the camera or software for your panorama's?

pegelli

Hi Slingers, the four above are "in camera" sweep panorama's. Haven't had the time (and patience ;)) to do real stitched panorama's yet. One day.......

Michiel Schierbeek

Good compositions!

One probably dumb question, Michiel... I suppose the Contax zoom is manual focus on the A7r? Is the focusing easy?
Also to Hired Arm: This is a Contax N mount lens. Focussing is as easy as with any manual focus lens. It has an easy to find focussing ring.
It is an outstanding but rather fat zoom lens with a nice range.
Ideal for travelling.
I use it with the Kipon adapter which worked fine uptil now.
In a very few cases you notice some vignetting on the left upper corner due to the little block in the adapter housing the metadata contacts.
It also provides on Camera aperture handling.
Just bought the Contax N 70-200 as well of which I heard and saw nothing but good. It is rather small and is able of beautiful separation when used at the smaller apertures.

bcf

Also to Hired Arm: This is a Contax N mount lens. Focussing is as easy as with any manual focus lens. It has an easy to find focussing ring.
It is an outstanding but rather fat zoom lens with a nice range.
Ideal for travelling.
I use it with the Kipon adapter which worked fine uptil now.
In a very few cases you notice some vignetting on the left upper corner due to the little block in the adapter housing the metadata contacts.
It also provides on Camera aperture handling.
Just bought the Contax N 70-200 as well of which I heard and saw nothing but good. It is rather small and is able of beautiful separation when used at the smaller apertures.
Thanks! I'll look this up.

I always appreciate your compositions, which I feel are never "in your face", and bring something interesting to discover in the frame. And your play ith colors as well.

scho

A few shots using the Rodenstock APO-Grandagon 55mm f/4.5 LF lens on the Cambo Actus with Sony A7R. All at ISO 100 f/11 with 1 to 2 degrees tit. There are more from this setup in the Sony Tech Camera thread.

A 3 shot (center/rise/fall) stitched image.

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, have you tried the Zeiss 24-70 FE lens as well?
Merci beaucoup pour votre compliments! :)

Did not try the new 24-70. Since I don't care much for AF lenses much, I decided to try this lens. Less money and a bit better reach. Also the reviews were not so enthousiastic, although Werner takes splendid shots with that lens. So much for the hype around official reviews. :watch:

I wanted to try these lenses for a long time and now there are adapters for it.
The Contax N lenses were produced till around 2005, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.