The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowep

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

With all due respect I feel this post is "not safe for work" and thus shouldn't have been made in thread that is meant for general public viewing and is not marked as "not safe for work". I feel consideration should be given to others, what kind of situation / hot seat post like this one could land person that innocently opened page while at work or while children are around, and respect that people have a right not to be exposed to nudity in public without agreeing to it. That is why marking threads as NSFW and not posting NSFW content in threads that are not marked as such has been widely accepted and acknowledged as common 'net courtesy. Not respecting that is rude. Thus due to all of this I would appreciate if picture in this post is at least not posted in manner that automatically displays it and is clearly marked as NSFW, if not removed.
:wtf:

pop censorship like this is "not safe for this website"

mbn

:D
yeah, you love him or hate him...

it's one crazy fella, but I had some good laughs.

turtle

PHP:
Cool shot. What part of AFG is that?
Its the North Eastern fringe of Kabul City. There's quite a lot of new development there just south of large swathes given over to military/contractor compounds just outside the airport. The country has remarkable geology and 'human scarring'. The interplay between the two is very interesting too. I'll be putting up some larger images on my blog in due course, as the project and editing takes further shape.

grdglass

Michiel, your work often reminds me of Richard Estes, a masterful photo realist painter whose paintings are based on photographs he has taken. There is a wonderful show in Washington DC now of his work at the Smithsonian American Art Museum.

I always enjoy seeing your "reflection" photos.

New York window

Michiel Schierbeek

This is in deed significantly the same point of view.
Although I would not dare to to paint them.
Really beautiful work. Are they exhibiting his photographs as well?
I think I must have seen some of his work in the 70's

For me the source were sculptures like this made by me.
I was just writing this sentence for a ( reflection of there facade photographed through a moving streetcar) bookcover I just made for the 175th anniversary of an art club (Arti et amicitiae) here in Amsterdam.

It is exactly where my steel and glass sculptures were about; reflection and transparency and thereby creating a new structure in space

BTW I didn't take this photograph :)

iiiNelson

PHP:
Its the North Eastern fringe of Kabul City. There's quite a lot of new development there just south of large swathes given over to military/contractor compounds just outside the airport. The country has remarkable geology and 'human scarring'. The interplay between the two is very interesting too. I'll be putting up some larger images on my blog in due course, as the project and editing takes further shape.
I imagine. I haven't been there since early 2012 though. It's really a beautiful and scenic country. Definitely a lot more to it than the war torn land, mountains. and rocks you typically see on TV. Up north is extremely green and beautiful... In another more peaceful world it would be another place to plop a celebrity resort.

W.Utsch

Excellent sculpture, Michiel!
It is really blending over to your "Window Dressings"....

grdglass

Michiel,

They were not showing the photographs. I would have liked to have seen them. The paintings are very large and I imagine the original photographs were small.

This is in deed significantly the same point of view.
Although I would not dare to to paint them.
Really beautiful work. Are they exhibiting his photographs as well?
I think I must have seen some of his work in the 70's

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A constuction of two photographs combined to something new.
Something I have been doing once in a while.
This in reaction on some photographs Keith woodmancy posted in the Ricoh GR thread.

These photo's are shot with the NEX-7 one some years ago at the Venice art Biënale (with camera movement and the other one with the tiles on a house in Lissabon.

scho

Buttermilk Falls taken with the A7R+Actus+Rodenstock Grandagon-N 90mm f/6.8.

scho

Buttermilk Falls view from the trail. A7R+Actus+Rodenstock Granadagon-N 90mm f/6.8

Status
Not open for further replies.