The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series

One more shot from the Taughannock gorge outing using the A7R with Cambo Actus and 90mm f/6.8 Rodenstock Grandagon-N.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Something magic (and fun) for Halloween

A tableau of 5 x 5 = 25 tiles, numbered from 1 to 25 and then arranged so that the sum of the numbers on every row, column and diagonal equals 65 :salute:

NEX6 + Summaron M 35/2.8

Barry Haines

Bodmin Beacon can normally be seen for miles around the county of Cornwall but the thick fog of late makes it near impossible to see the top at a mere 200ft away.

scho

Abandoned house shot with the A7R on Cambo Actus with Rodenstock 90mm f/6.8 Grandagon-N. B&W conversion and toning in Tonality Pro LR plugin.

Professional

Windows of the past

Color

B&W

This is my first ever shot by A7R, using/testing Canon TS-E 24II, happy with the camera and the lens since that time.

Barry Haines

Just a bit of fun, a quick grab shot that might amuse some of you that can still remember “Foghorn Leghorn” (Looney Tunes).

scho

Flower detail with the Sony A7R on Cambo Actus using Rodenstock 75mm f/6.8 Grandagon-N.

scho

carl:
can post a picture of your Actus rig?
John, There are a few shots of the Actus with both a LF lens (Nikkor SW) and Hassy lens (60mm) in this post that I posted awhile ago. Still looking for a viable solution to use wider LF lenses. Did they show the modified rear standard for wides (ACB-310) at the expo? I may also try using a Rodenstock focus mount that can be adapted to one of the existing lens plates with bayonet mounts. Other than that the minimum focal length I've used so far has been 55mm. I tried a 45mm Grandagon, but max focus distance is only 1-2 ft before the rear element bumps into the A7R lens mount. The Hassy 40 distagon works well, but it is huge compared to the LF lenses.

jlm

Workshop Member

the conversation i had with the combo rep at the capture integration/cambo booth was a bit vague about how wide you could go and with what lenses; he felt 50 mm was about it with the Actus and if you went wider (i have the 43 SK), he indicated the WRS was the way to go.
since lenses fitted for one system are incompatible with the other system, a two system solution, but who wants to do that?
i think the only way to ferret it out is to have the gear in hand and see what works. the rear standard i saw was fitted with the IQ-250; i didn't notice if it had been modified on the bellows side to clear lenses. live view is a must

having tilt on the front rather than the rear might be problematic as well. for my use, i would want board mounted lenses (no helicoid) but with individual shutters, be able to use the 32mm Rodie, have tilt in the back as well as rise/fall. it occurred to me cambo should just switch front and rear standards, he, he

dwood

'nor'easter' - a7r / FE 70-200

A nor'easter is a term that describes particularly strong storm systems here in New England. We're having one today in Maine. The white 'grain' you see throughout this picture is snow. It was often blowing sideways. The wind was running 25-30 mph sustained, with gusts probably to 40 mph or so. I'd estimate the sea swells at 12-15 feet. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have gone out in this. There were several times that I almost got blown off the rocks. Note to self.

Status
Not open for further replies.