The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Michiel, sorry for mixing up Rouen and Rennes, must have been the fever :) and the wish to visit Bretange again.....

f 10

Sorry Werner, but Rouen ist not Brittany.
The city is located in the Normandy. :lecture:

;)

W.Utsch

I Know, but i mixed up Rouen with Rennes and that is the capital of Brittany!

Slingers

Just received a LA-EA4 today as in Australia you get a free adapter with every A7 series camera. A7S + SAL2875

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

Get well soon Werner! I can relate, my Lady Love imports such viral unpleasantries on a regular basis, hence I call it school-pest. :D I always had success with a few servings of Pott 54 (dark rum well known in Germany), hot as can be.

Very beneficial is a small spoon of Manuka honey daily (MGO 250 is the right dose) to boost your system afterwards. Be aware though of fakes, the original is quite expensive and best to be bought in a "Reform house".

Your HDR's have my attention. Would love to learn how you do them, as they really have what it takes, the natural look. Excellent.

As for being past 50 and further, aetas volat, time flies, Marcus Tullius Cicero wrote in his Tusculanae Disputationes, and hey, you definately know that you're past 50 when you find yourself reading Cicero again and out of free will this time. :ROTFL:

Michiel, very cool news about your window dressing exhibition, I like your choice of material. Where do you let them print? Whitewall?

f 10

Being ill is probably normal in these days.
I got my 16-35mm now for 8 days.
I just do not get to take pictures. Maximum of a few test shots in the living room.

Too bad, because the lens is really great

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, very cool news about your window dressing exhibition, I like your choice of material. Where do you let them print? Whitewall?
Hi Georg
At Pixelprint here in Amsterdam.
Very good quality and a very kind man. We check the files and test prints together to make the best final adjustments.

BTW I am very surprised but no virus yet this year. W'll see how it works out after I picked up my grandson from kindergarten next week. :rolleyes:

biglouis

I am really beginning to like my recently acquired Summicron 35/2 on the A7r. It was a bit of a risk versus waiting for the Loxia 35/2 but I think I made the right choice.

These are all taken in and around Whitechapel in London's East End, near where I work.

pegelli

Nice work Louis. After all the talk on the new 16-35 and a7II it's great to see some photographs again. In the end that's what it's all about :cool:

Especially the cat is a nice bonus in the last one, but I like them all!

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

She is celebrated for saving the lives of soldiers from both sides without discrimination and in helping some 200 Allied soldiers escape from German-occupied Belgium during the First World War, for which she was arrested. She was subsequently court-martialled, found guilty of treason and sentenced to death. Despite international pressure for mercy, she was shot by a German firing squad. Her execution received worldwide condemnation and extensive press coverage.

She is well known for her statement that "patriotism is not enough".
Hi Louis,

I am looking at your work for some time now, from your recent macros to the urban sceneries and more.

You succeed to emphasize elements that are supposed to be obvious, and for that reason they are more than likely overlooked, or in other words, I feel you have an excellent sense for the "common blind spot”.

:thumbup:

dwood

another picture from a recent small study

'Portland Head Light, study 5' - a7r / Zeiss Distagon ZE 21

W.Utsch

Thanks for all your best wishes! To be honest, it really helps, at least the soul!:)
It's getting better fast....

Thanks for the Honey tip, will be looking for it. So far we took Honey from the Swiss Alps....

Georg: Thanks for liking my HDR's. I never liked the HDR look myself. I first started doing these when i joined the BW workshop with Harold Davis this summer. Although i did not like his HDR's , to overdone , i could find some good in this technic.
My approach is pretty simple: I do 3 or 5 shots in 1 EV steps, automated with the 7R. Import to LR, do nothing in LR but to export to NIK HDR Effex and adjust there to taste. It is easy NOT to overdo, that's all. The final HDR can than be fine adjusted in LR. The other way is to open the single shots in PS layers and paint to the layers masks.
Sometimes i get results, that resemble very close aggressive LR Lights/shadows etc adjustments. The DR of the sensor is really great.

"Kanzelbach, Schriesheim"

DSC00610.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Slingers

The A7S didnt miss a beat focussing in the dark, i was impressed. It missed a couple of shots but there was zero hunting and the focus lock was as good as in the middle of the day.
A7S + Zeiss FE 35/2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.