The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawfa

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

It's not the 16-35mm FE but the Minolta 17-35mm f2.8-4 will do the trick! :D

frozenbb

An unholy combination, but still fun: the Sigma 50-500mm OS (A-mount) via LA-EA4. The shot was taken handheld, on a ferry, at 500mm.

Slingers

Having played around with the LA-EA4 for a few days now I find the AF lock speed is very close to the A7S but the adapter is much more accurate. I dont think its missed focus once yet.

A7S + LA-EA4 + Sony 28-75mm f/2.8

Michiel Schierbeek

Balcony in Mers les bains. A bit overprocessed in Topaz Clarity. I thought I could do it for this texture image.

onaujee

Just received the 16-35 FE today... What an impressive lens...

Here's a quick sample untouched..

dwood

'untitled' - a7r / FE 55

hope all my GetDPI friends have a nice weekend!

Slingers

I thought my Tamron 18-200 was broken but i heard a rattle so i shaked it a little then it started working. No PP straight from the A7S.

At 18mm:

At 200mm:

Slingers

From my favourite lens the Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 ZF.2 used on the A7S.

W.Utsch

"Walk In Front Of The Dom, Speyer"

HDR 3 Shots +/- 1.5 EV
The big curved lens collects every bit of light from anywhere
in this case i like the flares. No lens corrections. Tripod o.c. (good to have the level in cam)

DSC00887_HDR.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

If i compare closely the shots from the 15 Nikkor with the new 16-35 FE the latter is much better in all aspects exept distortion. The FE at 16mm is better in the corners has better micro contrast/sharpness in the center, much less CA's only distortion goes to the Nikkor, it's practical free free of.

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Just received the 16-35 FE today... What an impressive lens...

Here's a quick sample untouched..
That is one for the history books! I don't know if there's anything better than a Cupids chili dog. But I thought they had closed for good? Or is this one of the franchises?

scho

Classic CNY November landscapes. A few shots on a cold walk around the Cornell Arboretum ponds. A7R with Leica R 50mm Summicron.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

We were walking on a scottish shore when the pipes started playing. The sounds reflected on cliff rocks, in the streets, and the wind carried it back and forth as well. It was very hard to tell from where the sound exactly was coming. Eventually we found him, and to our surprise in a very different spot from where we had guessed him to be.

Golden Spiral Bagpiper

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Georg, nice series you put here over the last 3 days. I think adding the shadow in the last one works quite well, balances the picture. Colours and light in all of them are very attractive.

Sibelius:

NEX6 + E16-50PZ

My intent was to show some of the mood of his music in this picture, comments on how well I achieved this are very welcome (especially if you don't like what I've done)

Ron Pfister

Had a splendid time today on an outing along the Cornish coast with Barry. Great company, lots of gear talk and fantastic photographic subjects. Thanks again, Barry!

Here my contribution to the foghorn collection:

gurtch

Sony A7R, ISO 400, 1/60 second, f6.3 hand held. Sony (Minolta) 28mm f2.8 lens. LAEA4 adapter to use "A"mount lens on the A7R. Shot in RAW, developed in ACR. ACR recognized the lens, even with the adapter, and had a lens profile for it. Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.