The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Pfister

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

The FE 16-35 is indeed a remarkable lens. Many thanks for letting me test-drive it, Barry! This image was processed without profile corrections (haven't had a chance to upgrade to LR5.7 yet).

scho

Continuing with the gloomy November shots. Two more taken today at Buttermilk Falls using the A7R and Samyang 24mm f/3.5 TS. Click for larger version.

Focus here was on the dead leaf about a foot to my left on top of stone wall. f/11 and 1.5 degrees tilt.

Barry Haines

Had a splendid time today on an outing along the Cornish coast with Barry. Great company, lots of gear talk and fantastic photographic subjects. Thanks again, Barry!

Here my contribution to the foghorn collection:

Many thanks also Ron, likewise thoroughly enjoyed your company and our little chat it was all very interesting, a great time was had by all :)
Even the weather was kind to us today :D
Hope to do a repeat when you are passing by this way next time or I will pick you up at Penryn.
Thanks also for letting me try out your lenses that was most kind of you :thumbup:
The ZM TT 85mm is a great little lens very compact and sharp. Glad you liked the 16-35mm it's a great lens for sure.
Liked all of your images especially the Foghorn and the Chevy, you have a good sharp eye my friend...Will look at my images later tomorrow.
Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

Had a quick visit to the Notre Dame d'Amiens. Beautifull cathedral, very light inside and with a beautifull floor as well. It was a pity everybody was chased out due to un upcoming concert, so I had very little time to take some shots.

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member
Re: Fun With Sony _____

Sibelius:

NEX6 + E16-50PZ

My intent was to show some of the mood of his music in this picture, comments on how well I achieved this are very welcome (especially if you don't like what I've done)
Hmmmm :) I try to keep it short.

To my eyes, you succeeded! Then again, I have a background as a trained classical musician, and I might see your picture more from the angle of Sibelius as a composer, and only to a lesser degree from the angle of depressive moods, which Sibelius certainly suffered from greatly, or from his winter -ish Six Symphony mood, both of which are easily to be found in your work here.

My angle of view comes more from his compositional evolution, which needs to be explained perhaps. Lately from hit 3rd Symphony on, and albeit him being a classic in the sense of Beethoven and Brahms, he broke with the tradition.

This is reflected in the organic flowing shapes to right and left of his head sculpture. To the left the smaller of the shapes appears to be broken, and as such this represents the classical, the Sonata form to me, the other shape to the right is the free flowing development of his motives. Perhaps the contradiction and his dilemma could have been more emphasized by choosing a somewhat lesser organic, more hard edged and symmetrical shape on his left, but that's just me.

The tradition he broke with was the clearly structured Sonata form that looked like this:

- Intro
- Exposition (3 themes)
- Development (3 episodes)
- Recap (3 themes)
- Coda

In short, he broke with that tradition and developed motives in a different context and form which earned him a lot of slander and hatred, from the cultural mob of his time downright to Theodor Wiesengrund von Adorno who wrote in very strong terms about his work. In 2010 there was a good article on the Guardian about the conductor Sir Simon Rattle in that context which I liked a lot.

Rattle rehabilitates Sibelius in Germany | Music | The Guardian

Sibelius saw that in a piece where the ideas are organically being developed, the variation of the material itself is what drives the music from section to section.

Superb idea Sir! :thumbs:

Now, if you like, tell us a little bit about the making of...

Last edited:

Georg Baumann

Subscriber Member

I think adding the shadow in the last one works quite well, balances the picture.
Thanks. I think the balance comes equally from the golden spiral composition, his right eye sits just there, hence balances the view, the shadow of course is essential.

Barry Haines

A couple of shots from yesterdays outing with Ron, taken at Lizard Point and the Cannon at Porthleven...Both taken wide open.

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

iiiNelson

Mitakon Speedmaster II 50mm f/0.95 (M67) 1/100 ISO 320 (set to auto) handheld...

Same lens on tripod - 1/30 ISO 640 set to auto)...

Both taken with a 7r modified to capture full spectrum using a color correction filter.
Does the Mitakon record EXIF to the camera?

scho

I was lazy today so just put the Sony 55 FE on the A7R for a short walk down by the waterfront. Three snaps of signs seen along the way. I haven't used this lens much recently, but I continue to be amazed by the sharpness. All shot in S mode at 1/250 sec and auto ISO.

iiiNelson

I've been "lazy" too bogged down in work but gotta pay the bills. So here's a couple of the work space and wanting to get out with the the camera bag.

A7R+55FE+C1P8 Recipes - Metadata on my Flickr links

Workspace
_DSC0709 by HiredArm, on Flickr

Camera Bag
_DSC0703 by HiredArm, on Flickr

Workspace in B&W
_DSC0708 by HiredArm, on Flickr

Midnight Oil
_DSC0697 by HiredArm, on Flickr

Barry Haines

Taken this afternoon..."Rock Sailing & Water Ski Club"
This was at the 16mm end of the 16-35mm FE.

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

woodmancy

Subscriber Member

. . the windy sunset this evening was wild, the clouds moving at what seemed like a hundred miles an hour.
I left the noise in :eek:

a6000 with Minolta AF500 mirror lens, f8, 1/500s, ISO 2500 - hand held

Keith

tsjanik

I don't have a Sony but I'm tempted to get one just to participate in all the Sony threads. There some really terrific images appearing here. :thumbup:
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.