The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Just a fun snapshot!
Been playing with the FE 70-200 at 200 mm. Need to use 1/250 with the a7r but a very sharp lens indeed. I'm looking forward to using it on the a7II.

Michiel Schierbeek

How dare you Barry! These Dalek's soon will rule the world, I tell you.... :lecture::)

Thank you dandrewk! One gets lucky with a glimpse of the sun through a cloudy sky.

Here's another one from that same shoot. You can feel why the people of Zeeland, who live below sealevel, are living in fear of God.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Nice effort Slingers, sharpness indeed goes quite deep in the picture. Only the purple petals look not fully natural, almost posterised. Might be because the colour is out of gamut for sRGB or do you think it's caused by the stacking?

We had two great mornings here with crisp/cold weather, and because I'm participating in Dyxum's 50's Prime Time I have to get out shooting every day.

Here's two shots from the first two days

A man and his dogs

A850 + Minolta 50/1.4 @ f2.8

Against the sun

A850 + SMC Takumar 50/4 macro (M42) @ f4 (never mind the exif, the wrong focal length and aperture there is caused by using a chipped adapter with the wrong settings)

f 10

Yeah, I know what you mean...I made the mistake of marrying one!...I get exterminated at least a couple of times a day :ROTFL:

Taken yesterday.
Really great.
Reminds me of "Le Mont-Saint-Michel" ... just reversed :ROTFL:

M8 | Noctilux

Slingers

Re: Fun With Sony _____

They are two nice morning shots, pegelli. Yeah something odd happened with the focus stacking software as even the oof fence is suffering from posterisation. Maybe I had a setting wrong.

Last edited:

"Urban Stages #3" - Near Goetheplatz, Munich

ILCE-7R, FE 24-70 mm F/4 ZA OSS

And, of course and as always, C&C very welcome.

'leaning' - a7r / Sigma 35 ART
Douglas: Although by no means a landscape photographer myself, I really appreciate the sense of calmness radiated by your pictures you shared lately and as well their thoughtful composition.

Also a very impressive portfolio provided by the attached link.

Barry Haines

Really great.
Reminds me of "Le Mont-Saint-Michel" ... just reversed :ROTFL:
Thank you Carsten.
I actually got caught out by a wave taking that image!
I was not paying attention to what was going on around me :facesmack: To busy looking through the viewfinder. I managed to get well and truly soaked through to the skin in icy sea water! :cussing::cussing::cussing:

Penzance railway station is both the southernmost station on the National Rail network and the westernmost station in England...Hence "End of the line".

Thanks again to the OSS on the 16-35mm I could hand hold as low as 1/10th to achieve some movement on the travelers.

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

dandrewk

Douglas: Although by no means a landscape photographer myself, I really appreciate the sense of calmness radiated by your pictures you shared lately and as well their thoughtful composition.

Also a very impressive portfolio provided by the attached link.
I totally agree! I am both jealous and inspired. :) Excellent work Douglas!

Status
Not open for further replies.