The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A7II with 75 Cron. I could never focus this lens on the M9. Now it works!

Nephew and Brother-in-Law:

Best,

Matt

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

I had to join the fun ;) Specifically bought an A7r to utilize lenses that would not easily fit to my Nikon bodies. A natural use for the cam is obviously legacy glass of all kinds, however in my searching I was immediately drawn to the Mitacon / Zhongyi "Speedmaster" (hey, I didn't name it!) 50mm f0.95 lens. The day I got the camera, I went online and ordered a copy of this lens in Sony E mount, the newest Ver II with 67mm filter size. Anyway, it just arrived today and I decided to give it a quick run. The whole reason of buying this lens -- and using on this body! -- is the relative ease of focusing a lens this fast and keeping your body, your camera and your subject in focus alignment through the point of exposure. Tough to do even with an excellent RF system, but relatively easier with the EVF and focus peaking.

Anyway, here's the shot. I focused on Mrs. Clause's glasses, right at the hinge on the frame and to my surprise I pretty much nailed it. (Yeah!) Next is my again relative surprise at how good this lens is! I think this image shows off the lens' strengths -- sharpness, fall-off, oof speculars, Bokeh, and the overall balanced rendering.

Zhongyi 50mm f0.95 lens, handheld, ISO 200, 1/60th at f0.95; focus point on glasses frame is roughly 3 feet distant:

Now the image looks pretty good at web size, but what about at actual pixels? Not too dang bad for an inexpensive (relatively) hyper fast lens, at least IMHO... Actual pixel crop as it came out of C1:

~~~

To say I'm pleased with this little combo is an understatement. I expected it to be good, even pretty good, but not great -- and IMHO this is pretty great for the hyper fast aperture :D

benroy

Subscriber Member

A lovely set of images to brighten my Christmas morning...especially the child at the Christmas tree...wonderful!.

Merry Christmas to all.

Roy Benson

biglouis

Christmas Day

Sony A7r+'cron 35/2 - process in LR+SilverEffex

nsng

Camels in Minsha Shan Park, Gobi Desert, Dunhuang. A7R w/ Leica 35-70 VE

scho

Went for a xmas afternoon, "Gotta get out for some fresh air", walk along the waterfront with A7II+Contax C/Y 28mm f/2.8 Distagon+Fotodiox C/Y to M+Phigment M to E adapters.

f 10

I wish everyone a peaceful Christmas​

a7r | FE 4/16-35mm @ 35mm

Status
Not open for further replies.