The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexLF

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Russian county, part I:

These wooden houses are actually part of a museum but there are still plenty of them in the country and they're really very cozy, warm and beautiful in a way. Lots of people still build them as a "summer" homes.

Sony a6000 + 16/2.8

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Beautiful photo, Quentin, wonderfully abstracted. Reminds me of "the eye of a needle," which might be read as ironic with such a grand subject but better read, perhaps, as transformed by grace.

But the visual alone is more than enough.

A deeper New Year to us all,

Irenaeus
Thanks St. Irenaeus...and Jono, practically a saint, of course :D

Loving the fast lens shots on this thread.

Quentin

Last edited:

Quentin_Bargate

Singer, Spotted Cat Club, New Orleans: A7r, Zeiss 24-70mm @ F/4, 6400 ISO. I may have posted this earlier in colour, but I think it works in toned mono.

Barry Haines

Quiet some new life in this thread :thumbup:, but where is Barry :thumbdown:?
Hi Michiel, many thanks for your PM and kind words...Most appreciated my friend.
Just to explain my absence, I have been laid up in bed with acute lower back pain for the last fortnight, just starting to become mobile again now and hope to start taking images again soon.
I have been enjoying yours and other members images in this thread and have absolutely no excuse for not logging in and giving out some likes etc...I shall rectify that situation right now...Cheers Barry

dwood

Sorry to hear that you've been suffering through back pain, Barry. Hope that's all a thing of the past soon. Good to see you here. Happy New Year!

-Doug

Barry Haines

Sorry to hear that you've been suffering through back pain, Barry. Hope that's all a thing of the past soon. Good to see you here. Happy New Year!

-Doug
Many thanks Doug...Likewise Happy New Year to you :)

pegelli

Get well soon Barry. Laying in bed is no fun (except for the ~ 8 hours you need there every day)

Michiel Schierbeek

Take it easy Barry! :sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:
I don't want to russ you into anything but we do miss some images of yours :salute:

jonoslack

Just to explain my absence, I have been laid up in bed with acute lower back pain for the last fortnight, just starting to become mobile again now and hope to start taking images again soon.
hi Barry
I'm really sorry to hear that - having suffered myself for over 30 years I really do sympathise . . . I was finally sorted out by a sports physiotherapist, and I've been okay for the last 15 years (touch wood!).

Get Well Soon!

All the best
Jono

jonoslack

Kevin Miller and Cam Wilder came to stay over new year - we had a LOT of fun.
I'm not sure how appropriate to post pictures of Leica biscuits on a Sony forum (taken with an A7ii) but they seemed too good not to post.
Kevin brought these splendid biscuits (delicious too) nestled in black tissue in a beautiful red box.

The Family get hold of the Leica biscuits

Now there are only a few left!

Barry Haines

Kevin Miller and Cam Wilder came to stay over new year - we had a LOT of fun.
I'm not sure how appropriate to post pictures of Leica biscuits on a Sony forum
Those red dots can leave you with rather a bad taste in your mouth :p
My poor sense of humor is returning, so I must be getting better :ROTFL:

Many thanks Jono Re: Back pain message^^^
I won't bang on about it as we all get them from time to time, I have a chiropractor that normally sorts me out, having also suffered from back pain problems for years...This time I was more than grateful of my 2 old buddies Diazepam and Solpadol...The time spent in bed whizzes past but then so did Christmas and several pages turned here also! :sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:

kevinparis

Considering I hadn't made a cookie ever until Christmas eve, they turned out OK !!

though it was a rather intense period of research and development

Happy New year to one and all

K

kevinparis

In return for a box of handmade Leica cookies, Jono was kind enough to let me loose with his A7 II and a bunch of my legacy lenses lenses that have been sitting in a drawer for the last couple of years. The lenses were bought originally for using on micro 4/3, but as the native m43 lenses are so good, they have been gathering dust until now.

these are pretty much straight out the box JPEGs, with only minor cropping, and some B/W conversion in Aperture. No focus peeking… just unpractised eyeballs !!

Overall a surprisingly satisfying experience!!!

Nikkor 50/1.2

Contax85/1.4

Olympus OM 24/2

Olympus OM 100/2.8

and one I can’t recall which lens

suspect you might see more of me in this forum in the future

happy new year

K

scho

Barry, Best wishes for the New Year and a speedy recovery.

V

Vivek

Vivek.... thats your old Nikkor 50/1.2 :)

happy new year

K
Cheers, Kevin and the very best to you and Cam as well! :)

[I kind of upgraded to more expensive crap. :eek:]

A7r, AA Summicron 75/2

Status
Not open for further replies.