The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annna T

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you!

Funny, i intended to go to Monte Tamero to the Botta chapel, but the funiculare is closed in winter now (we used to ski there...).
I will do that next time as well as the church in Mongno.
These are imo the best Botta's in Ticino, next to some early private homes and Rustici. Other wise we live daly here with lots of his commercial buildings. I have met him once in the Grotto del Ortiga in Manno.

We had an incredible winter (well after a really bad summer and fall) so far with exceptional light every day and because we live at the lake i took advantage of the weather there.
Though i took some shots with my Leica Monochrom of the Casinó di Campione, i will post them in the Leica M forum at FM.

Here is the LAC, it took some 50 years (sic) to build that, it is yet not ready and not by Botta:

"LAC Lugano Arte Cultura"
I encountered the same problem with Monte Tamaro once I wanted to return there with a digital camera, the funivia wasn't working. I was in Mogno just once, it was already spring but a year with much snow and the door was closed and there was still a lot of snow around. Both are very nice places.

Apart of that, they used to have a flyer with a list of Botta's buildings at the Tourist office. In addition to a bank (banco del Gottardo ?) there are a few individual houses which are sporging out like sculptures in their environment. There is one in Stabbio, among else.

Once I was touring with a group of friends, we were invited to enter in one of the family houses he had built.. There were no private room ! Just semi-private coves.. Included for the parents.. The matrimonial double bed was located on a mezzanine, overhanging the living. But the incoming light was fantastic..

Have a nice time there

Last edited:

Annna T

Interesting architect. Thanks for the pointer AnnnaT!
He is quite a star here in Switzerland : it isn't rare to hear him talk about his architecture and projects at the evening news. He is very charismatic and has an audience wider than just the small circle of architects. You would love to hear him when he states that museums represent/are our contemporary cathedrals. Although he has built quite a few chapels and at least one cathedral in one of the new satellite city surrounding Paris. In Ticino, they have discovered it can attract tourists as well and that was more or less one of the idea behind the construction of Monte Tamaro.

I'm quite fascinated by his buildings, which he place in contrast to the environning landscape (contrapunto). But personally I prefer a more rationalist architecture, aka modern rather than postmodern.

Michiel Schierbeek

Amsterdam, demonstration against the murderers of the cartoonist and policemen at Charlie Hebdo in Paris. On the first picture is the prime Minister speaking.

I AM CHARLIE

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill, thanks for this striking image!
How far were you from those elephants? TIA.
Thanks KH! I was in a Land Rover and I think I was using the FE 24-70 at 70 mm - so quite close! (I'm not on my main computer so I can't be sure - its possible I was using the LEA4 adapter and my 70-400G)

In any case if you just sit quietly out of their path, these guys are quite docile. But you need a good guide who has the vehicle pointing in the right direction - just in case!

Barry Haines

You're welcome of course :) Alas I can't put you up for the night. I think Pegelli (Pieter) from your country is also coming.

Vivek; For me it's no problem :) Nice you're coming!
For anybody interested some more info here:
Window dressing - PuntWG
for English:
http://www.michielschierbeek.com/

Shot on the Champs Elysees, Paris​
Good luck with the exhibition today Michiel, I hope it all goes smoothly for you :)
Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.