The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malina DZ

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Cupid
a850+28/1.8 @ f/1.8, iso1600, 1/8sec
I've noticed that a850 IBIS doesn't help much for the shutter speeds between 1/2 to 1/8 sec due to a shutter shake / mirror slap vibrations. Same story with the IBIS OFF on a tripod. MLU is the only remedy when you hit ISO limits.

V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Voltaire, Pantheon, Paris.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

A7r, M Rokkor 40/2, Paris

Those who are going to participate in the demonstration tomorrow in Paris, I will be there in my thoughts.

V

Vivek

http://puntwg.nl/window-dressing/ by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Color Yashinon 40/1.7, Amsterdam, Michiel Schierbeek

Due to couple of mixups, I was late but managed to make it before the doors closed. :eek: Missed pegelli.

The prints are just fabu-lous! :)

Great show Michiel! :thumbs:

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Vivek for coming and Pieter as well. It is a joy to meet people from the forum for real. :)

It was a great opening and I had a great time meeting up again with everybody.
All my investments are payed for and more, so I am happy.

Here is an overview from one corner. The photographs look a lot wider as they are due to the wide angle. ( 90 x 60 cm and about 60 x 40 cm)

pegelli

Great shot Vivek, sorry I missed you. Would have liked to meet you in "real life" but had to leave around 6 to get back home in time.

Thanks Michiel for the invitation and excellent exhibition. Had a good time getting to know some new people and enjoyed everything.

Here's 2 shots I took (with the artist in view) but with a NEX6 (and a E10-18/4) and not an A7, but I thought it would be better to have everything from this exhibition here together in one place.

And I was really sorry to have to leave the event before it was over ;)

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Pieter, Sorry I missed you. :eek: It was entirely my fault.

Nice last shot that shows the set-up quite nicely. :) I took a few shots with a Rokinon 8mm and a NEX-6 but that made me realise that I need more time with the fisheye to make any useful photos.

Here is what I captured after seeing Michiel's exhibition and on my way back.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Color Yashinon 40/1.7, Amsterdam

pegelli

Pieter, Sorry I missed you. :eek: It was entirely my fault.

Nice last shot that shows the set-up quite nicely. :) I took a few shots with a Rokinon 8mm and a NEX-6 but that made me realise that I need more time with the fisheye to make any useful photos.

Here is what I captured after seeing Michiel's exhibition and on my way back.
Nice sleeper Vivek, you see lots of those characters in Amsterdam :)

No problem we missed each other, I'm sure there will be a next opportunity somewhere in the future.

I agree, fish-eye's are not easy. If the space is too small the crooked lines will only distract and not make a pleasing picture. I have a FE, but usually my "rectalinear" WA shots come out better.

V

Vivek

Sure, there will be other opportunities, Pieter. :)

Barry Haines

Michiel, glad to hear your exhibition went well :thumbup: would have loved to have been there :)
Did you manage to get a snap of Pieter and Vivek? ;) Cheers Barry.

This is the Burgh island water taxi that ferries you backwards and forwards on and off the island at high tide...It seems to be running whatever the weather! :eek::eek::eek:
WARNING...Just be prepared to get a little wet if you are the one making the crossing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRAyaxw2CIs

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

Michiel Schierbeek

Barrie no, I didn't bring my camera. I needed to talk ;)
(not my favourite way of transportation)

One more from the Charle Hebdo demonstration last week here in Amsterdam.
(Just watched the massive demonstration in Paris)

sjg284

Just a little closeup work @ home in the cold.. not getting outdoors so much.

A7s + Zeiss Contax C/Y 35-70/3.4 lens

ISO 10k really opens up the opportunities after dark..

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I've noticed that a850 IBIS doesn't help much for the shutter speeds between 1/2 to 1/8 sec due to a shutter shake / mirror slap vibrations. Same story with the IBIS OFF on a tripod. MLU is the only remedy when you hit ISO limits.
My experience with the A850 IBIS is that it is a statistical tool. It doesn't guarantee to remedy all camera shake blur, it just increases the probability you get a good picture.

However also the further you are away from 1/focal length the statistical chance reduces. So for a WA like the 28 mm and 1/2 to 1/8 sec I would take 8-10 pictures and expect I may get 1 or 2 with an acceptable sharpness if I'm lucky. As you say the only guarantee to get sharp is a tripod and MLU (and IBIS off).

Status
Not open for further replies.