The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.Utsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Beautiful shots, Barry and Quentin!

Barry, i feel a little like you i am still with my Lake Lugano set (hopefully not to be too boring), now back in Heidelberg weather and light are just awful right now.

"Tabels At The Lake"

DSC01305.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr​

Chris C

............"Tabels At The Lake".....
Werner - With respect; could you indulge me and post a B&W version of this image. I think there are playful planes and spacial illusions within it waiting for the colourfulness to move aside.

Worth a try?

............ Chris

V

Vivek

Still standing. Dragged myself out after a mishap and realising the fragile existence, took one of my Mandler classics (a Leica M lens) with the A7r as a treat. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Barry Haines

Vivek...Hope you are OK!...I can’t see any camera shake so you must have made a full recovery ;)

Thanks Werner...It would be impossible to become bored with Lake Lugano....It’s just too beautiful :) What a lovely view just to sit back and relax with a nice hot coffee.

Many thanks Quentin...All those graffiti shots of yours are excellent, especially the last one...Glad you are enjoying your Nokton.

That Aston number plate is probably worth more than the car!

I did manage to get a couple of quick snaps of the Aston Martin Vantage before being on my way.
It was the registration that took my eye as said before...I suspect you are right that registration is worth more than the car itself!
(Copper toned).

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

Michiel Schierbeek

Looks like we are all uniting as a one big A 7's family :toocool:

From the top floor of Centre Pompidou.

dave92029

First time using the Sony 70-200mm f4, very pleased with the results. All handheld.

V

Vivek

Vivek...Hope you are OK!...I can’t see any camera shake so you must have made a full recovery ;)
Thanks, Barry. :) It is the right knee (strapped up well and I have a very high pain threshold) that strangely made me more stable by slowing me down! :shocked::)

A7r, Magic lens, The Hague

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks Werner...It would be impossible to become bored with Lake Lugano....It’s just too beautiful :) What a lovely view just to sit back and relax with a nice hot coffee.

Many thanks Quentin...All those graffiti shots of yours are excellent, especially the last one...Glad you are enjoying your Nokton.

That Aston number plate is probably worth more than the car!

I did manage to get a couple of quick snaps of the Aston Martin Vantage before being on my way.
It was the registration that took my eye as said before...I suspect you are right that registration is worth more than the car itself!
(Copper toned).

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL
Tasty:p:p:D

W.Utsch

Werner - With respect; could you indulge me and post a B&W version of this image. I think there are playful planes and spacial illusions within it waiting for the colourfulness to move aside.

Worth a try?

............ Chris
Here we go Chris:

"Tabels At The Lake II"

DSC01305-762.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Quentin_Bargate

OK, not the greatest shot in the world, but it proves that my near perfect 1999 vintage Leica Summilux 75mm F1.4 with metabones M-mount to E-mount adapter is near flawless and capable of using the full resolution of the A7r in this F/2.8 shot.

I also find focus peaking next to useless with this lens and with the Voigtlander Nokton F/1.2 35mm - I have better luck simply using the viewfinder (albeit it is electronic) and focusing until it looks sharp. For larger apertures the zoom function, which I have assigned to C1, is useful.

V

Vivek

OK, not the greatest shot in the world, but it proves that my near perfect 1999 vintage Leica Summilux 75mm F1.4 with metabones M-mount to E-mount adapter is near flawless and capable of using the full resolution of the A7r in this F/2.8 shot.

I also find focus peaking next to useless with this lens and with the Voigtlander Nokton F/1.2 35mm - I have better luck simply using the viewfinder (albeit it is electronic) and focusing until it looks sharp. For larger apertures the zoom function, which I have assigned to C1, is useful.
There is no better platform for the "Mandler Magic" than the A7 series at the moment. Yeah, peaking is crap.

A7r, a Magic lens, The Hague.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Nice captures again Mikal, and for those smartphones, with our kids I have the idea that they grow roots in their hand. Ensuring a "no smartphone dinner" takes some convincing :facesmack:

I have an upcoming flu and the weather was miserable, however still caught this back lighted flower in front of a north facing window. I know a lot of people don't like the kit lenses, but my copy that I got with my NEX5 some years ago is not bad at all :thumbup:

V

Vivek

Today, the usual rain. So, I took the more affordable AA Summicron 75/2 out.

A7r, AA Summicron 75/2, The Hague

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Still struggling with Canon 400f5.6 with Metabones. The A7II would lock up every time I went to zoom mode to focus. It would refuse to capture, or even turn off! After 20 seconds, it would agree to cycle power. So focus was hit and (mostly) miss. Here is a wet hawk:

No problems so far with other Canon lenses or other adapters. I'm nervous about relying on the LAEA4/A-mount setup... we'll see!

Best,

Matt

V

Vivek

Re: Fun With Sony _____

How else you get more grey hair, Pieter? ;)

Have you tried extension tubes with the kit zoom (OSS and all), now there are very affordable ones out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.