The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbhv55

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Old Lifeboat House built by the Masons in 1878 at Hope Cove in Devon.
(A two image composite stack – Colour image merged with selenium toned)
Ah-ha! I see that you've been around our neck-of-the-woods:), and I must say that you've managed a better shot of that Old Lifeboat Station than I have. Perhaps I'm just too familiar with it (familiarity breeds contempt, and all that), but I've never got a satisfactory shot of this building. I do think that your choice of selenium toning works rather well, too.:thumbup:

Michiel Schierbeek

Ah-ha! I see that you've been around our neck-of-the-woods:), and I must say that you've managed a better shot of that Old Lifeboat Station than I have. Perhaps I'm just too familiar with it (familiarity breeds contempt, and all that), but I've never got a satisfactory shot of this building. I do think that your choice of selenium toning works rather well, too.:thumbup:
I always appreciate the apropos wisdoms ;) ( since you didn't ask me :D)

Barry Haines

Very many thanks :) Sometimes I cross the border (incognito :cool: ).

Only too true if you become too familiar with the surroundings on your own doorstep...I will look out for you if or when you come this way...Not that Bodmin has a Life Boat house or anything else much worth photographing ;) Cheers Barry

Barry Haines

Michiel and Vivek....Your images seem to be both suffering from the famous Amsterdam l̶amp glow :ROTFL:

scho

A few more shots with the Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5 SL on the A7II. These were all taken wide open at f/2.5. First is a cropped 100% screen grab in LR.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Out on a gray day with the Minolta 100f2, here doing its best to separate the subject from the background. It's not always about uselessly thin DoF!

I'll make a virtue of necessity and praise the menacing bokeh in the tree branches. There is a LOT of CA there as well, but it succumbs to post processing.

--Matt

Last edited:

tbhv55

I will look out for you if or when you come this way...Not that Bodmin has a Life Boat house or anything else much worth photographing ;) Cheers Barry
Sure thing... we do cross the border from time to time (provided that we have current passports...:p). I'm easily recognised, as I'm the one carrying slightly more camera stuff than really needed, while muttering about whether it would have been better to have brought 'the other' camera/lens/tripod combo that has, on this occasion, been left at home. Meanwhile, my other half will be wearing an expression anywhere between this:---> :rolleyes: and this:---> :mad: as she waits for me to get sufficiently organised to begin walking away from the car. I'd hazard a guess that a number of people on here might just recognise themselves in this description...;) (Or is it just me? :eek:)
Regards,
Tim.

scho

A few shots taken on a stream walk in the gorge below my home. All with the A7II and Voigtlander 75mm f/2.5 SL Color-Heliar (Nikon mount lens in Novoflex adapter). Exposure data in exif.
Another from the icicle series.

Barry Haines

Sure thing... we do cross the border from time to time (provided that we have current passports...:p). I'm easily recognised, as I'm the one carrying slightly more camera stuff than really needed, while muttering about whether it would have been better to have brought 'the other' camera/lens/tripod combo that has, on this occasion, been left at home. Meanwhile, my other half will be wearing an expression anywhere between this:---> :rolleyes: and this:---> :mad: as she waits for me to get sufficiently organised to begin walking away from the car. I'd hazard a guess that a number of people on here might just recognise themselves in this description...;) (Or is it just me? :eek:)
Regards,
Tim.
Tim...My wife instantly recognized herself within your other half’s description :mad:
But there the similarities end as I don’t carry all that much equipment around with me...not when I can get her to carry it for me :ROTFL:
If we ever meet up I will see if my wife can lighten your load :deadhorse:

Annna T

I should go out more often in order to take pictures (there are a few themes that i'd like to explore), but instead of that i keep shooting pictures from my windows. Anytimes the light change, i feel compelled to shoot a picture.. In the end, i have more pictures taken from my windows or from the terrace than on the other themes.. So why not start showing the pictures isuued from that non project ?

That one was shot with the A7r and the Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro in Canon EOS mount. Looking west, after sunset.

Barry Haines

I should go out more often in order to take pictures (there are a few themes that i'd like to explore), but instead of that i keep shooting pictures from my windows. Anytimes the light change, i feel compelled to shoot a picture.. In the end, i have more pictures taken from my windows or from the terrace than on the other themes.. So why not start showing the pictures isuued from that non project ?

That one was shot with the A7r and the Tamron 90mm F2.8 macro in Canon EOS mount. Looking west, after sunset.

Hi Annna....I'm not sure if it's just me but I am not seeing your image! This is the link you have used http://www.getdpi.com/forum/members/annna-t/albums/my-windows/7476-my-window-looking-west.jpg
You might want to edit the link if it isn't to late...Cheers Barry

Taken this afternoon in just a bit of light rain :mad:

PLEASE SEE
ORIGINAL

^^^ Apologies f1,0 for posting immediately after your post, I was trying to figure out Annna's invisible image!
I then uploaded mine before I saw yours...Pure coincidence the similar content I assure you...Cheers Barry^^^

Last edited:

dandrewk

Disneyland, perhaps one of the best places to be over Christmas!

Cookies and Candy - Caution, don't look too close if you are hungry, or on a diet!

A7II, FE16-35 @ 21mm, F4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.