The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry, you can not imagine how much I love this picture :thumbs:
Thanks for the very kind words Carsten...I have also been enjoying your images of late :thumbs:
I am very envious (in a nice way) of your Noctilux. The f1,0 does render rather nicely wide open and still looks super when stopped down, it's one of those two lenses in one type :D
I am sorely tempted with the 50mm Mitakon after Jacks thread, that's a bit more affordable for me :) The 58mm Rokkor f1.2 nice as it is doesn't look as sharp wide open :cry:
Cheers Barry

f 10

Thanks Barry, also thanks for your kind words :thumbup:

The Noctilux is truly very special. But for me, only the old lens, F1.0.
I would never swap it for the new lens. The sharpness is OK, not more.
Stoped down in center really sharp, at the edge only OK.

But open, i´m only interested in the bokeh - and that is a perfect dream. The color shift is then also very special. :clap:

I had a Leica M8 before the Sony a7r. The handling has become really great with the Sony. Much better then with the Leica. No more fokus shift and with the right adapter a shorter focusing distance.
I would only do a system change if I can continue to use the Noctilux.

Would i not have the f1, I would also think about the Mitakon.:salute:
Or .... no ..... I would always want a Noctilux :ROTFL::ROTFL:

Barry Haines

The f1.0 version does seem to be held in high esteem not everybody went with the f0.95 version when it appeared. All versions give a different rendering and that is what makes the Noct special.
Enjoy your lens Carsten it sounds like you have arrived at the 50mm that suits you. Cheers Barry
PS. I think Werner rather likes his for the same reason :)

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Something quite different

Practicing my MF skills on a cute robin in our garden yesterday

NEX6 + Olympus OM Zuiko 200/4

V

Vivek

The f1.0 version does seem to be held in high esteem not everybody went with the f0.95 version when it appeared. All versions give a different rendering and that is what makes the Noct special.
Enjoy your lens Carsten it sounds like you have arrived at the 50mm that suits you. Cheers Barry
PS. I think Werner rather likes his for the same reason :)
Anyone has a link to the lowest price (Mitakon 50/0.95) in the EU? I just looked at the lens details (wasn't available before) and I rather like it. :)

Barry Haines

Anyone has a link to the lowest price (Mitakon 50/0.95) in the EU? I just looked at the lens details (wasn't available before) and I rather like it. :)
Hi Vivek
Have been looking also.
This is the cheapest price that I can find (in UK £585) including Import Duty it seems.
They list the Netherlands for delivery (extra £15) so you might be in luck :D
Total £600, although you may have found cheaper elsewhere.
BTW. It doesn't show up on ebay.nl strangely...Cheers Barry :D

Mitakon SPEEDMASTER II 50mm f/0.95 lens for Sony E Full Frame NEX A7 A7R A7S FF | eBay

LARGER

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Continuing with the "out the window" theme, here is a playground under construction:

--Matt

Last edited:

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Not sure this works on the small screen, or at all for that matter. It does look better on my desktop than my laptop.

New lighting was installed at the pool so I thought I would unleash the mighty ZA 135/1.8 on the no longer so mighty (but it is all I have) and creaky a900. Cropped a lot since it was shot from about 25 or more yards. Lightened up a small bit and I left the purple color in. I can't always shoot from where I want during practice and the competitions.

Swimmingbothdirections2 by mikalgrass, on Flickr

V

Vivek

Continuing with the "out the window" theme,
--Matt
I thought you weren't that old (to get out the window that is)? ;):p

With a damaged knee and all, I did go out (walking).

A city walker.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Vivitar Series 1 90/2.5, The Hague

jkjod

Sony a7 and FD 20-35.

DSC01197.jpg by jkjod, on Flickr

Someday I hope to get my hands on the 16-35, but until then I couldn't pass up the deal on this particular FD 20-35.

Quentin_Bargate

Poseidon's Trident (A7r, Voightlander 35mm Nokton F/1.2 at F/4)

Crackington Haven (A7r, Zeiss 24-70mm)

pegelli

That's one smart lens hodad66, keeping the camera in landscape orientation and it delivers portrait pictures ;). My later 2.8 version of that lens doesn't do that anymore, guess that's what you call progress :facesmack:

Status
Not open for further replies.