The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Bottom of Enfield Creek gorge. Gorge trail is closed for winter, but park trail to the lower falls swimming hole is open all year. Structure in center foreground has a diving board in the summer. A7II with Zeiss FE 16-35.

Another photographer out on the ice below the falls.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Nice colours, Pegelli.
Thanks, I thought it came out quite well for an iso2500 shot on APS-C :toocool:

@Mikal, I like that last picture, the two arms in sinc and the backlight give it something special!

Here's a misty road I shot this morning:

NEX6 + Olympus Zuiko 24/2.8

V

Vivek

At least you weren't dressed in a skirt (I do not think this is a Kilt), Michiel. ;)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7r, Rolleinar 21/4, The Hague

V

Vivek

Ah a black kilt with a Donald Duck bellybag :D

The first one i see with your Rolleinar, looks good!
:D

I am glad that I did not get rid of it in favor of a 20/3.5 AiS Nikkor (which turned out to be terrible on full frame), Michiel. :)

Another one:

A7r, Rolleinar 21/4, the Hague

sjg284

Very cold clear night here.. actually picked up some stars in the sky with the A7s, not a common occurrence in Manhattan.

And earlier in the day, re-testing my Leica 35lux asph on the A7s
This shot worked, but overall the vignetting is exceptionally strong and would be distracting if you have a plain background
Looks like I will be sticking to the fantastic Zeiss FE 35/2.8 ... and thinking about that Loxia..

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

I just now got my Pentax 645 -> EOS adapter working again. Here's the 120mm macro at full 1:1 connected to the A7II:

And here's a hand held shot (full frame, not a crop!) with the above:

Next the 35, 75, 45-85, 80-160, and 150/2.8. The last one is relatively light and might be worth using regularly on the A7II. Maybe the 35, although it is about 8 times the size and weight of the (faster) 35 Cron.

--Matt

Quentin_Bargate

Another view from yesterday at Crackington Haven at low tide, Cornwall. Nothing special, except the place and the weather! A7r with Voigtlander F/1.2 Asph II at F8.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Remember that Elliot Erwitt photo of the woman and the two dogs? You can only see her boots, the legs of a Great Dane on one side, and a tiny dog on the other?

Here are two 35mm lenses set up for the A7II. The picture *was* taken with said camera and the 16-35/4, so it counts as fun with...

Their performance in the aperture range they share, f/3.5 - f/16, is very similar. The Pentax has the larger image circle, but there is a lot of CA out at the edges. And the Leica, for all its age, does very well. I'll spare you the shots.

The AF Pentax lenses (at least the ones I have) have a very short throw on manual focus. Look at the distance scales on the two lenses. The Pentax goes from infinity to 4 feet in a few degrees. The Leica takes a full quarter turn.

The Pentax lenses are plenty sharp (the 150/2.8 has a lot of CA wide open, but is great stopped down a bit), but I don't think they're good walk around lenses. The Leica and Contax lenses are much easier to focus.

--Matt

V

Vivek

My plan is to add (eventually, don't know when that would happen) AA 90/2 and AA50/2 to the AA75/2 I have.
In the meantime..another one from the Rolleinar 21/4.

A7r, Rolleinar 21/4, The Hague

V

Vivek

Missed the focus, there might have been a bit of subject movement and or camera shake..

Hacked A7 (UV), Ultraviolet capture, the Hague

Status
Not open for further replies.