The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

scho

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Just finished changing the rear standard on my Cambo Actus to the wide angle (ACB-310) replacement that allows use of wide angle LF lenses. Thanks to a well illustrated tutorial courtesy of Steve at CI I was able to complete the change over with a minimum of hair pulling and cussing. Sounds at first like a trivial task - just remove one small set screw from the standard remove existing standard and replace. The gotcha is that there is a small ball bearing hiding underneath that is seated on a spring that will fly out when the pressure is released. Worst part is trying to hold the greasy little ball in place when putting on the new standard. the good thing is that I can now achieve infinity focus with my wide angle lenses. The bad part is that if I want to use longer lenses and/or have the ability to rotate the A7r for portrait orientation I will have to suffer through another change over because the wide angle standard has a fixed bellows and there is no option for rotating the camera. Just tried a couple of indoor quick tests with a Rodenstock 45mm APO-Grandagon to check tilt angle and DOF. Works well and as soon as it warms up a few degrees I'll get back outside and try some landscapes. The small images below link to the full size originals.

pegelli

Ah, Barry, If I'm not mistaken that's the Roald Dahl's Plass in Cardiff. It's been more than 6 years since I've been there (just looked at the pictures I took then). Since no A7 existed at that time I'll insert one from it's grandfather, the A700 :lecture:

Barry Haines

Ah, Barry, If I'm not mistaken that's the Roald Dahl's Plass in Cardiff. It's been more than 6 years since I've been there (just looked at the pictures I took then). Since no A7 existed at that time I'll insert one from it's grandfather, the A700 :lecture:

That's the very one :D (I have some night shots as well!)...Great shot Pieter :thumbs:
Cheers Barry

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Two shots taken with Chad's (Show Performance) old 35/2.0 A mount on the a900. Not really comfortable with the 35mm focal length considering I shoot with the 135/1.8 or 70-200/2.8 most of the time. The first shot is my son Ivan hanging out on the side of a small pier. The second is an unknown couple just hanging out. Yeah, I know I can do a bit more with the horizon in the second shot, but...... Both shot on the outside of the Deering Estate.

ivandeering by mikalgrass, on Flickr

deeringcouple by mikalgrass, on Flickr

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

A first attempt at focus stacking. I could not get PS to use the sharp parts of some images, so ended up blending two frames by hand. My God, there is a lot of dust visible at f/16!

A7II with Pentax 645 120mm/4 Macro at about 1.2:1.

--Matt

Last edited:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Another attempt. A new set of captures, this time processed with Helicon. I downloaded both Helicon and Zerene. I got better out of the box results with Helicon, but I'm sure either would do.

There is always the artistic question of how much to have in focus. Still experimenting! Again, A7II with Pentax 645 120/4 macro.

--Matt

V

Vivek

Sorry about that, Carl. :eek: I just the read the news on blizzard warning. Hope you all keep safe there!

scho

Still haven't been able to get out to shoot with the Actus because of bad weather, but here is another indoor shot with the A7r + Actus + Rodenstock 45mm f/4.5 APO-Grandagon. Six shots stitched with AutoPano Pro 3.7. B&W conversion in Tonality Pro LR plugin. Click image for original (69 MP).

Status
Not open for further replies.