The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malina DZ

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Hey Mikal. No, didn't stop for a snack as I'm not very well familiar with the area, but will keep it in mind next time I'm near that place.

lungilungi65

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Eye of the Crocodile:

This photo is taken in Zurich Zoo with a small compact camera (Sony RX100 mk2). Obviously there was a glass in between. :) But since the camera was small, the photo was shot from a very close distance like 10-15 cm. The challenge was to make the glass perfectly clean and also keep the lens very close to the glass to avoid reflections. Flash is also disabled and aperture was set to 1.8 to have lower ISO in hand held shot.

If you like the image, you have my permission to republish it but please add "Courtesy of PhotoAgainstPhoto" , should you want to post it somewhere else. Thanks in advance!

ohnri

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

What a pleasure it is to take my A7 and FE 16-35 out for a walk.

The combination is as light, more reliable and more versatile than my old standard of a Digital Leica and the WATE.

I never really expected that.

Best,

Bill

Last edited:

jfirneno

thank you for kind words! if anyone is interested this was shot with Canon 135L lens with manual focus
Manual focus often is the way to go with those kind of shots. I use a 200mm macro on a monopod and manual focus is almost the only way to get the shot sometimes. In fact sometimes I focus by moving the lens. Did you shoot this handheld, monopod or tripod?

Regards,
John

dwood

'winter sunset at Sebago lake' - a7r / Sigma 35 Art

Slingers

I am beginning to like this weird little camera - Sony A7s - it really shines with primes like the m-summicron 35/2
I agree and think the printed images from the A7S are even better than viewing them on the screen. There is a fantastic look to them that blows me away every time.

biglouis

I agree and think the printed images from the A7S are even better than viewing them on the screen. There is a fantastic look to them that blows me away every time.
I must try to get some prints done. At present I am still playing. I particularly like the fact that it does darkness so well.

"Need a light?"

JMaher

"Need a light" is certainly deserving of a print. The lighting and mood are excellent.

Jim

biglouis

"Need a light" is certainly deserving of a print. The lighting and mood are excellent.

Jim
Thanks, Jim. And believe it or else that is pretty much straight out of the camera with a small amount of selective lighting around the group using Viveza.

absolutic

Manual focus often is the way to go with those kind of shots. I use a 200mm macro on a monopod and manual focus is almost the only way to get the shot sometimes. In fact sometimes I focus by moving the lens. Did you shoot this handheld, monopod or tripod?

Regards,
John
Handheld as I tried to keep my shutter speed high. Manual focus because A7r+ adapter + any Canon EF lens, autofocus is a joke for these types of shots.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Bryce at dawn with special guest Bryan: A7II 16-35/4

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.