The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Minolta 200mm . Garden Of Eden, Arches national Park

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Great picture Guy, from the Garden of Eden!

Yesterday I went out to get some fresh air as well. :D

Barry Haines

^^^Excellent image Michiel ^^^ + I really do like Guy's "Garden of Eden".

I live close by to this ancient Cornish “Holy Well” - It’s named after the renowned Cornish “Scarlett” family who had 3 MP’s stand for Bodmin between 1312 to 1341.
The waters are believed to still carry healing properties and many will travel for miles to tie a piece of cloth as by way of a wish or prayer for somebody poorly (you can see the ribbons).
I would always give a little thought for poor little “Scarlett” Jono’s granddaughter when I walked past on my Sunday stroll.

LARGER

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

:wtf:?

First, the obligatory "this looks much sharper on my monitor". But that's ok, as it's a comparison. These are details of this straight OOC image

That's with the A7II and the Leica 50 Cron. How does it do compared with the SK 60 XL - a famously sharp tech camera lens - on an IQ140? I scaled each image about 8% (IQ140 down, A7II up) to the same angle of view per pixel. The comparison?

I was NOT expecting that. Maybe the files will handle processing differently, but they're starting in the same place.

Oh, the IQ140 was on an Arca cube on a big tripod. The A7II was hand held :eek:

Hmmmm...

Matt

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

A bit. Mostly flat light and distance. During the 30 seconds of direct sun, the distant bits showed up nicely.

jlm

Workshop Member

anybody take those trails down into bryce? pretty cool down there

dandrewk

Keep in mind it's probably about zero degrees there... in the sun. Get down into the canyon and you better be dressed for the arctic. :)

Guy Mancuso

I need to reprocess these when I get on big screen but I am working them in a creative way more so than a technical one.

Guy Mancuso

Waiting for the sun to drop in and i have a bunch after this frame waiting on the end of the day but I kind of liked this one along the way. This scene framing for pretty much all of us called for about a 50mm focal length and all I had was the Mitikon so I did most of it with it than Matt had his Leica 50 cron so I shot a bunch with it also than did a compare and I will get to that later but the Cron is outstanding but the Mit was very close to it and did a very nice job of trying to be something its not designed for.

Mitikon at F8

Status
Not open for further replies.