The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Sometimes an interesting shot is right behind you. This is facing directly away from Guy's shot above. The inevitable 16-35/4 at 16mm. The color version has only the contrast boosted. The BW version is .. well .. black and white. It looks less artificial, but the color is striking. I can't decide.

or

--Matt

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I think I like the color but don't throw the B&W out either. Tough call

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Since yesterday was the 400th day of 2014 ;) I took out my old Osawa 400/5.6 (OM mount) and put it on my NEX6. I also took my tripod along and here's two I came home with that I really liked. Fortunately the hood of that lens is long enough, because this almost right into the sun. I think the haze you see is a combination of real mist and some lens flare, but I like the overall effect :)

1: Cold morning

2: Some people walk their dog, some people walk their bicycle

This is what the set-up looks like (click for larger)

Barry Haines

According to Cornish folklore, the Doom Bar was created by the Mermaid of Padstow as a dying curse.
In 1906, Enys Tregarthen, wrote that a Padstow local, Tristram Bird, bought a new gun and wanted to shoot something worthy of it. He went hunting seals at Hawker's Cove but found a young woman sitting on a rock brushing her hair. Entranced by her beauty, he offered to marry her and when she refused he shot her in retaliation, only realising afterwards that she was a mermaid. As she died she cursed the harbour with a "bar of doom", from Hawker's Cove to Trebetherick Bay. A terrible gale blew up that night and when it finally subsided there was the sandbar, "covered with wrecks of ships and bodies of drowned men".

LARGER

Guy Mancuso

I did another from last night and this is at dusk. Mitikon 50

jlm

Workshop Member

just finished this stair here in NYC:
blackened steel and fumed oak

distance shots with canon 24T/S; closer shots with sony 55FE

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

Quet a special construction, very well finished an wonderful made! I have an eye for craftmenship.

Fantastic image of the grand pier, Barry! The others as well, of course. Nice storys.

Handholding a 500mm lens. Thought those days were gone (as I've gotten older) but the A7ii makes it practical again. Amazing.

A7ii with 500mm ƒ8 Reflex

MGrayson

Absurd sunset at Arches. A7II 16-35/4 at 16mm... Getting to be a habit.

--Matt

MGrayson

Thank you, Mike! The A7II wide zoom combo is taking a lot of attention away from the MFDB and tech camera... The above was hand held, as the Cambo/Phase was hogging the tripod!

--Matt

Guy Mancuso

4 espressos in the morning gets you this. LOL

16-35 which folks I may never sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.