The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Or take a little walk around the rock and you get this. Have several of these

Barry Haines

The Cornish also know how to design bespoke staircases ;)
This one spends a lot of it’s time submerged in the “Atlantic” :eek:

LARGER

nsng

A few images from Yuanyang rice terrace in Yunnan, S. China. These rice terraces have been in used for over a 1000 years. They were mainly built by the Hani tribes. From November to March, the terraces are flooded with water in preparation for planting in April. This place is becoming a favourite with photographers from many parts of the world. A7R w/FE 55 f1.8

ggibson

Here are some photographs I took at the art studio of my great-uncle, a third generation painter, who is retired now and lives in New York City. I loved the colors and chaos of all the materials here.

gurtch

ggibson: I really love the first one especially. It not only tells a story, it is a piece of abstract art in itself. When I come upon a nature abstract scene, for example drifted sand and shadows, I refer to them as "as found still life". You might consider making a print of it and framing it.
Best regards
Dave in NJ

gurtch

Handholding a 500mm lens. Thought those days were gone (as I've gotten older) but the A7ii makes it practical again. Amazing.

A7ii with 500mm ƒ8 Reflex

I really like the Minolta 500mm Reflex. I hand held this shot with monopod, and the Alpha A900. 24Mp full frame and first with in camera stabilization. IBIS is wonderful!
Dave in NJ

Barry Haines

Taken this afternoon, whilst walking into the little fishing village of Portloe.
Handheld + heavily cropped to remove the flare on the left hand side.

LARGER

dandrewk

Taken this afternoon, whilst walking into the little fishing village of Portloe.
Handheld + heavily cropped to remove the flare on the left hand side.
<sigh> I have GOT to move to Cornwall. ;)

It reminds me of my very first "5 star" image, taken when I was 12 years old on a family trip to Devon & Cornwall. I had my first SLR - a Pentax H3V. It was at Lands End, a classic sunset shot. Cornwall is near the top of the places I want to go back to ASAP.

ggibson

ggibson: I really love the first one especially. It not only tells a story, it is a piece of abstract art in itself. When I come upon a nature abstract scene, for example drifted sand and shadows, I refer to them as "as found still life". You might consider making a print of it and framing it.
Best regards
Dave in NJ
Thanks for the kind words. The first one is my favorite as well. "Found still life" is a great term for it. I'll definitely be getting a print of that one. :)

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

We were hoping the colors would be over the three gossips, but.....

Last edited:

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

The shot of the workshop !!!!!

p.s. This was HEAVILY processed in both C1 and Photoshop..... :D

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ya know Guy, we look GOOD!

:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Status
Not open for further replies.