The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsng

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A few more Yuanyang rice terrace images. A7R w/70-400G. This is the second time I have used the 70-400G in a trip. I am glad I did as I had to use up to 400mm in several of my shots.

dwood

these are fabulous pictures, nsng! the people walking, especially in the first image, provides a sense of scale that shows just how impressive in size these rice terraces are. well done!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

The shot of the workshop !!!!!

p.s. This was HEAVILY processed in both C1 and Photoshop..... :D
Firstly, AWESOME "heavy" processing :thumbs: !!!

Second, I want everybody to pay special attention to what Guy is holding! :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

nsng

these are fabulous pictures, nsng! the people walking, especially in the first image, provides a sense of scale that shows just how impressive in size these rice terraces are. well done!
Thanks! The total area occupied by these terraces is over 60,000 acres in Yuanyang county. The largest is about 2,600 acres. The amount of work that went into building these terraces defy logic. They are over a thousand year old, but rice is still being cultivated in the traditional manner. These terraces can be up to 1000 meters up on the mountain and the slope ranged from 15 to 75 degrees!

I intend to visit this place again since Kunming ( provincial capital ) is less than 4 hours by plane from Singapore. From Kunming, it is about 6 hours by car to these terraces.

Barry Haines

A few more Yuanyang rice terrace images. A7R w/70-400G. This is the second time I have used the 70-400G in a trip. I am glad I did as I had to use up to 400mm in several of my shots.
Ng, As per Doug’s comment +1 ...Excellent yet again.

Those Paddy field contours must be a... “Cartographer’s nightmare to map but a photographer’s dream too snap” :ROTFL:

<sigh> I have GOT to move to Cornwall. ;)

It reminds me of my very first "5 star" image, taken when I was 12 years old on a family trip to Devon & Cornwall. I had my first SLR - a Pentax H3V. It was at Lands End, a classic sunset shot. Cornwall is near the top of the places I want to go back to ASAP.
David...Always room for another photographer here in Cornwall with the amount of building work going on!
If you ever come this way do look us up, perhaps we can share a sunset together...<sigh> :LOL:

I just love old Cornish tin mines. Another restoration project (Platinum toned).

LARGER

Last edited:

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Last weekend there was plenty of snow in the Belgian Ardennes, so we took a "spur of the moment" 3 day trip to do some cross country skiing. It was mostly cold, we hardly saw the sun and it snowed quite a bit, but we still had a wonderful time.

Here's some impressions

1:

2:

3:

4:

All NEX6 + E16-50PZ

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Bryan striking a heroic pose shortly before taking his epic portrait of Guy and Jack. :rolleyes:

(taken with iPhone, but he's holding an A7r, so that counts, right?)

--Matt

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Zion National Park shot with the 16-35 at 18mm for 30 seconds

nsng

Ng, As per Doug’s comment +1 ...Excellent yet again.

Those Paddy field contours must be a... “Cartographer’s nightmare to map but a photographer’s dream too snap” :ROTFL:

Thanks Barry. Very appropriate, "Cartog's nightmare, photog's dream"
When I looked at these terraces, I have to give the utmost credit and respect to the Hani people. With just hand tools they have carved vast terraces on mountains to grow rice for over a thousand years. But the younger generation are slowly abandoning this lifestyle to seek jobs in towns and cities.

Quentin_Bargate

According to Cornish folklore, the Doom Bar was created by the Mermaid of Padstow as a dying curse.
In 1906, Enys Tregarthen, wrote that a Padstow local, Tristram Bird, bought a new gun and wanted to shoot something worthy of it. He went hunting seals at Hawker's Cove but found a young woman sitting on a rock brushing her hair. Entranced by her beauty, he offered to marry her and when she refused he shot her in retaliation, only realising afterwards that she was a mermaid. As she died she cursed the harbour with a "bar of doom", from Hawker's Cove to Trebetherick Bay. A terrible gale blew up that night and when it finally subsided there was the sandbar, "covered with wrecks of ships and bodies of drowned men"

...And it is now a very good beer :D

Status
Not open for further replies.