The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

You two the “Fifties” :LOL:...No personal recollection myself but my grandparents used too reminisce about them all the time :poke:
Some “Photomatix” from the youth of today :D

LARGER

JMaher

From a recent brief trip to NJ. I took a quick lunch break across the river and brought my camera.

My favorite cheese steak restaurant on South Street, Philadelphia - Jim's Steaks.

A72 with 55.

Jim

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

For those of you (Barry, Werner...) hosting your wonderful higher resolution images on Flickr, how are you linking them here? When I do that via , I get a small square with a question mark. If I do it through [URL], I get a link with the same "Open image in new tab" message, but no picture in the post - just the URL. How do you get the image to appear in your post?

And Michiel, how do you get such beautiful clean images to appear here? When I link or post 1200px wide images (either uploading directly or linking to Zenfolio), they appear very blurry. Do you upload at higher resolution and let the website scale?

Thank you all!

Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi Matt,

When you open the image you want to post in flickr, use the third icon (the curved arrow), choose the desired size - I always use the biggest size and let getdpi scale it down - copy it and paste it in the forum. Actually you only need the part between
the rest is not relevant. That is the way I do it. You also need to downsize them for the web.
I use a script from Andreas Resch called We sharpener.

I save my images on flickr 1500 pixels wide. A size most monitors can handle these days. BTW I always center my images.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Michiel,

Thank you! Here's a try:

A7II with Leica 50 Summicron

--Matt

Ahah! That looks like the resolution I was after!

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member

Im really falling for that 16-35 but still when I want the best image bar none the 24 TSE from Canon is incredible.

Here is a 3 shot pano with the 24mm TSE. Bryce Canyon our first morning out

Where did I go? I know I was out there on that ledge. I have the pictures to prove it. LOL

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

You hid pretty well there. Lol

Of course you only had one direction to go unless you had a parachute

W.Utsch

Looks like wallpaper to me! Or partly? Exept the back table with ashtree?
Yeah, you got it, its the table with ashtray, but what do you see?

A representation, better a representation of a representation on your screen......and part of it is a wallpaper i.e. a representation.....aso...

Oh we better stop now....

gurtch

Here are two with my new 16-35 lens. One shot at 23mm and one at 35mm several minutes apart. Monopod, ISO 400, f11

Barry Haines

For those of you (Barry, Werner...) hosting your wonderful higher resolution images on Flickr, how are you linking them here? When I do that via , I get a small square with a question mark. If I do it through [URL], I get a link with the same "Open image in new tab" message, but no picture in the post - just the URL. How do you get the image to appear in your post?

And Michiel, how do you get such beautiful clean images to appear here? When I link or post 1200px wide images (either uploading directly or linking to Zenfolio), they appear very blurry. Do you upload at higher resolution and let the website scale?

Thank you all!

Matt[/QUOTE]

Hi Matt, apologies for not getting back sooner (I have been out most of the day).
I see that you have figured uploading from Flickr for yourself, excellent!
Everybody does it slightly different from one another. I now personally make my Flickr images to 2400px maximum wide/high and then make a link to that called “LARGER” for members who wish to see how my image was originally intended to be finally seen, like the one below.
I then send the smaller 1600px image which is automatically generated by Flickr to GetDPI, this in turn is automatically downsized yet again to 1200px maximum wide/high with the GetDPI downsizing algorithm.
This way only a tiny amount of IQ is lost in translation when the image displays here on GetDPI but in order to see it at it’s best you really need to click on the “LARGER” link.
To get a clean image I find that the Andreas Resch Web Sharpener script works the best that I have seen to date...But it only works with CS4 and above because it works in Labcolor mode and not RGB.
Here is the link if you are interested.... http://andreasresch.at/2013/04/07/web-sharpener-better-sharpening-for-the-web/
I hope this helps....Cheers Barry

Taken this afternoon over in Dartmoor.

[CENTER][url=https://flic.kr/p/r5zdBj][img]https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8602/16460666296_ac94d8b5b5_h.jpg[/url]

LARGER[/CENTER]

JMaher

i have a question on posting. How do you get the files to be centered?
Jim

Barry Haines

i have a question on posting. How do you get the files to be centered?
Jim
Hi Jim...If you click on the quote of my post above you, you will see the centre at either end of the quotation or image URL...remember to include the brackets.
Cheers Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.