The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thanks, Barry! I'll take a look at the resizing. I use a resizing action from Jack Flesher - they may be similar.

--Matt

Barry Haines

Thanks, Barry! I'll take a look at the resizing. I use a resizing action from Jack Flesher - they may be similar.

--Matt
You are most welcome Matt...The important thing to bear in mind is that it uses Lab color mode...that's only if you are wishing to get a crisp clean look like Michiel and myself.

Smaller images can sometimes be crisp looking...but you sometimes need to re-alter the size of the image on the screen with control+mouse wheel until the image bites in sharp...They are not always the same as one another surprisingly...Cheers Barry

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Barry,

Very interesting script! I use Lab Color frequently in landscape processing. It seems quite effective in this script as well.

--Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

i have a question on posting. How do you get the files to be centered?
Jim
Just type center............link............./center but then with the straight accolades around it. Can't do that here because then you will not see it.

JMaher

"Nice shot. What was your lighting setup?"

Thanks,

Lighting was a Godox 180 with a grided reflector and red gel for the red light between the trees and a Godox 360 with a 48 octabox camera left about 8 feet from the model. The Godox units work well because they are very portable and use a small battery pack.

Jim

nsng

Walking on the rice terrace. Our local guide who is also a photographer arranged a few children and women in traditional costumes to walk along the rice terrace for a photo session. A7R w/70-400G.

Climbing the levee is not so easy. These women made it look easy.

nsng

Those are great, nsng. Where is it?

This place is Yuanyang, located in Yunnan Province, Southern China. It is famous for its rice terraces which have been in cultivation for over a thousand years. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Yuanyang is about 350km from Kunming, the provincial capital.

I have posted several images of the rice terrace here as well.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

This place is Yuanyang, located in Yunnan Province, Southern China. It is famous for its rice terraces which have been in cultivation for over a thousand years. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Yuanyang is about 350km from Kunming, the provincial capital.

I have posted several images of the rice terrace here as well.
Thank you. What's the easiest way to get there, via Kunming or via Lao Cai on the Vietnamese side?

Status
Not open for further replies.