The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quentin_Bargate

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

London life, in and around Brick Lane:

"Love"

All with A7r and Voightlander 35mm F/1.2 Asph II

Last edited:

The sun actually came for a brief visit a few days ago.

A7S FE 70-200mm F4 - 200mm @ ƒ5.0

Signs & Skyways of Minneapolis

Re: Fun With Sony _____

No more clear Milky Way around this part of the country so I settled with another spin on the astro-theme. Straight from my backyard

NEX-7 + ZM 15

Wheel of Time

mathomas

I've been enjoying shooting my Leica R lenses on my new A7II. Not sure whether I love the camera itself yet or not (was hoping for a much greater improvement in the EVF than what I'm seeing, and there are some other usability issues, IMO).

Regardless, I have enjoyed making use of my R lenses somewhere other than on my R8.

Here's some video I shot yesterday at a Porsche owner get-together:

http://youtu.be/IyJf98Lq1M0

(Please excuse my horrible camera handling. I'm still practicing.)

I'm doing a video series on YouTube covering my experiences with the A7II:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiyOodRWDixNzEDgwS3YQvKy0HZixmmac

porsche, sony a7ii, leica 50mm summicron-r by mike thomas, on Flickr

jfirneno

Photo-Journalism from New Siberia (aka Connecticut)

No artistic merit claimed for these images. Merely a cautionary tale. I moved from NYC to New England almost thirty years ago. Al Gore promised me that by 2013 the polar ice cap would be completely melted and I could wear shorts here in January. He was wrong. After almost 30 years in New England I can reliably say that global warming has failed me. I'm starting to believe that a new Ice Age is upon us. My new hope is to move to Mexico and hunt polar bears at the southern edge of the North American Ice Cap.

All photos taken with A7S, FE 55, at F11 and 1/100th sec.

This is a third story window. There is a covered porch on the floor below. That is what the snow is covering.

Here's an outside view from a balcony on that level. That's about 3 feet of snow on that deck roof.

In this view you can see a fenced in swimming pool. That fence is five feet high. To the right you can make out the drop off of a retaining wall that is more than five feet high. Tables and a bird bath can be made out by the several foot deep piles of snow that cover them.

Here's the other side of the pool. I believe a dog sled and some huskies are buried in there somewhere.

The roof of this garage gives you an idea of the ludicrous amounts of snow we now have.

We've had about 60 inches of snow in the last three weeks. More is forecast for this week. The moral of this story is if you live in New England fossil fuel is your only friend. Without it I'd resemble Jack Nicholson's character at the end of the movie The Shining. Also Al Gore is a big fat dope.

Best regards,
John

dandrewk

I lived in Chicago during one of these epic blizzards. It started on Friday evening and didn't end until early Sunday morning.

It was sunny that Sunday, and I need to walk a few blocks to the grocery store. Trudging along the street, I nearly tripped over something buried in the snow. It was a car antenna. The antenna was still attached to the car.

dwood

John, I feel your pain. I'm in Maine. Hey, that rhymed. :D

jfirneno

John, I feel your pain. I'm in Maine. Hey, that rhymed. :D
Doug:
I know that Maine is even colder than where I am but to me Maine holds only happy memories because I only go there in August. To me Maine is synonymous with summer, Old Orchard Beach and photographing the Portland Head Light.

So let me think of summer
A7S, Mino 200mm macro

Regards,
John

jfirneno

I lived in Chicago during one of these epic blizzards. It started on Friday evening and didn't end until early Sunday morning.

It was sunny that Sunday, and I need to walk a few blocks to the grocery store. Trudging along the street, I nearly tripped over something buried in the snow. It was a car antenna. The antenna was still attached to the car.
This weather is starting to get biblical in scope. I'm starting to run out of room to throw the snow on. Of course sometimes it does look pretty.

Regards,
John

dandrewk

To add to this, that blizzard was followed by frigid cold snap. I'm talking 12 below zero, NOT including wind chill factors. I worked in the Loop (downtown), and my route from the train station took me by the Chicago river, right by the Sears Tower - a natural wind tunnel. It was deadly.

The freezing weather turned all that snow into solid ice (which didn't really all melt until May), so transportation was awful. God help you if you were stuck on an El that couldn't move because the third rail had frozen over. Those trains get all their heat from friction.

The headline in the Chicago Sun Times (tabloid style paper) on Monday morning, in three inch bold fonts: "It's 72 degrees in Miami". They sold a lot of issues - half to those wishing to live vicariously, half to those who probably would stomp, shred and burn that headline.

Memories, sorry for the off topic. Now I live in sunny California (currently 70 deg.). I wonder why.

JMaher

Went to the big top show today. Circus Sarasota:
A72 with 200 2.8 - all at 2.8

Jim

jfirneno

To add to this, that blizzard was followed by frigid cold snap. I'm talking 12 below zero, NOT including wind chill factors. I worked in the Loop (downtown), and my route from the train station took me by the Chicago river, right by the Sears Tower - a natural wind tunnel. It was deadly.

The freezing weather turned all that snow into solid ice (which didn't really all melt until May), so transportation was awful. God help you if you were stuck on an El that couldn't move because the third rail had frozen over. Those trains get all their heat from friction.

The headline in the Chicago Sun Times (tabloid style paper) on Monday morning, in three inch bold fonts: "It's 72 degrees in Miami". They sold a lot of issues - half to those wishing to live vicariously, half to those who probably would stomp, shred and burn that headline.

Memories, sorry for the off topic. Now I live in sunny California (currently 70 deg.). I wonder why.
Dave:
Although I envy you the climate, I have to confess to believing that if the space-time continuum ever cracks it will happen in California. I was there about 17 years ago in winter and the El Nino was going on. The rain was beyond anything Noah had to deal with. One of the guys wanted to go over to Lake Tahoe to ski. They got something like ten feet of snow. Anyway before he headed up into the mountains I checked the television to get him the latest forecast. Anyway, the big story was houses sliding off cliffs. The rains completely undermined the hills all over the state. It was surreal. Then you hear about wild fires, earthquakes, mud slides. I can't decide if it's heaven or hell. But right now I'd trade locales with you in a New York minute.

Regards,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.