The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandrewk

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Oh yeah, we get one or two of those "Wrath of God" type storms every year that blow in from the Pacific. I've also been stuck on I 80 during in white-out conditions.

Earthquakes, mud slides, wild fires... all part of West Coast living. Elsewhere they have hurricanes, tornadoes, typhoons. No matter where you go, mother nature rules all.

And it's only going to get worse...

chiquita

I've been a member here for over 4 years and liking people's pictures but as you can see, I still haven't been able to figure out how to post a larger picture....... would anyone care to enlighten a not very computer savvy person please. I'm using a Mac and export my pics to a file on my desktop to drag/drop into Flickr usually :0

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Indeed. The combination of light, composition, and processing makes for strongly compelling mood. On a more mundane level, the DoF is impressive. Michiel, was that at f/16?

--Matt

JMaher

I've been a member here for over 4 years and liking people's pictures but as you can see, I still haven't been able to figure out how to post a larger picture....... would anyone care to enlighten a not very computer savvy person please. I'm using a Mac and export my pics to a file on my desktop to drag/drop into Flickr usually :0
On Flickr just click on the turned right arrow on the bottom right of the screen. Pick the size you want from the drop down menu, make sure that BBC Code is highlighted, copy the contents of the box under the size and post here.

It sounds much harder than it is.

Jim

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Michiel,

Do you use the Contax N lenses with a manual adapter? I never minded shooting landscapes that way with the C/Y 21/2.8 Distagon. Or with tech cameras, for that matter. There are some electronic adapters out there, and even one supporting AF, but I'm not sure that they're necessary.

Thanks,

Matt

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel,

Do you use the Contax N lenses with a manual adapter? I never minded shooting landscapes that way with the C/Y 21/2.8 Distagon. Or with tech cameras, for that matter. There are some electronic adapters out there, and even one supporting AF, but I'm not sure that they're necessary.

Thanks,

Matt
You need an adapter for sure.
I use the Kipon manual adapter with electronic contacts for in camera diafragm stearing and lensdata.
There is also the Fringer AF adapter for sale on Alibaba.

MikalWGrass

Maher, what was the iso / asa on the circus shot? And which 70-200/2.8 were you using, the first generation or the new one?

JMaher

Maher, what was the iso / asa on the circus shot? And which 70-200/2.8 were you using, the first generation or the new one?
Two of them are at 6400 and the 3rd at 3200. All at 2.8.
1989 Minolta lens with Sony auto-focus Adapter. 200 2.8 APO HS

Jim

MikalWGrass

JM, thank you. Thought I saw that you used the 70-200/2.8G. No reading = not thinking straight.

Barry Haines

Taken this evening inside Castle an Dinas, this is a Cornish Iron Age hill fort - Circa. 200 to 300 BC.
Within the fort are the remains of two much older Bronze Age round burial/barrow mounds (Graves of local chieftains) - Circa 2000-1500 BC...You can just see them either side of the tree on the far left.
The Castle consists of three ditches in concentric rings (which would have been the moats) + A rampart for the castle within as seen along the right flank.
The irony of today is that the moats are now bone dry and the castle within is becoming a small lake.
In Arthurian legend it is believed to be the hunting seat (Hunting Lodge) of King Arthur.

LARGER

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.