The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

^^^ Werner. Great work! Impressed with that 16-35 - how do you like it? ^^^

biglouis

It's a Camden thing

A7s M-Summicron 35/2 - processed in SilverEffex

W.Utsch

Thank's Louis,

for me the 16-35 ZE is a fanatic lens! Optically very good it's range is very useful.

I have quite a few primes in that range (Zeiss 18 + 21, Canon 24 TSE II, Nikon 15, Leica 35/1,4)but in most cases i would not hesitate to give the 16-35 the shot.

I have posted many pic's here and at FM with that lens (may i point to my Flickr site...)

Your work is alway great and inspiring for me.

Cheers
Werner

D

Deleted member 7792

On Sunday, my IR entry (converted a7R) won second place in the annual "Mill As Muse" photo contest held at Raleigh's historic Yates Mill.

Joe

Barry Haines

Congratulations Joe...I wish we could see more of your IR work here...Cheers Barry

Taken earlier this afternoon....Colour blended with a split toned image.

LARGER

dandrewk

Congratulations Joe...I wish we could see more of your IR work here...Cheers Barry

Taken earlier this afternoon....Colour blended with a split toned image.

LARGER
Lovely.

May I as what you are using for blending software? Or are you just using Photoshop layers?

Barry Haines

Lovely.

May I as what you are using for blending software? Or are you just using Photoshop layers?
Many thanks David...Just opacity layers in Photoshop with dodging/erasing and burning in.
The layers consist of the original image then a Photomatix Pro image (merged and flattened) followed by Nik Silver Efex 2 layer which has been split toned in this instance and the blended once again...Cheers Barry

biglouis

^^^^ Joe, Barry, Vivek, Michiel and Bill ^^^^

An amazing stream of well composed and processed captures!

biglouis

Thank's Louis,

for me the 16-35 ZE is a fanatic lens! Optically very good it's range is very useful.

I have quite a few primes in that range (Zeiss 18 + 21, Canon 24 TSE II, Nikon 15, Leica 35/1,4)but in most cases i would not hesitate to give the 16-35 the shot.

I have posted many pic's here and at FM with that lens (may i point to my Flickr site...)

Your work is alway great and inspiring for me.

Cheers
Werner
Thanks for the kind words, Wener and I feel likewise the same about your work.

I am in two minds about the 16-35. I love UWA lenses. I currently own the 21 Ultron (an amazing lens) and the Heliar 15/4.5.

I used to own the Lumix 7-14 on my m43rds kit and it was a great lens to work with. So, I do have experience of UWA zooms.

You and Barry Haines keep posting very good exemplars of the lens.

LouisB

W.Utsch

"The City Of Lugano After Sunset"

DSC01419.jpg by W.Utsch, on Flickr

Louis, here is an other one with the 16-35.
I have the Pana 7-14 as well and used it with the EM5, it is very good UWA zoom but i would not hesitate a second to say that the sony is the better lens.
Cant say anything about the Ultron or the Heliar from my own experience.

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Thanks for the kind words, Wener and I feel likewise the same about your work.

I am in two minds about the 16-35. I love UWA lenses. I currently own the 21 Ultron (an amazing lens) and the Heliar 15/4.5.

I used to own the Lumix 7-14 on my m43rds kit and it was a great lens to work with. So, I do have experience of UWA zooms.

You and Barry Haines keep posting very good exemplars of the lens.

LouisB
Louis, just my 2p worth if it helps - I wholeheartedly agree with Werner, likewise I have owned that lens in the past (Panasonic version of the 7-14mm) on my old GH2 and as nice as it was. It’s not quite in the same league as the 16-35mm – I don’t regret selling the WATE in the least, other than the money lost from the sale.
The 16-35mm filter thread can be handy if you like taking extended time exposures with ND’s etc.
The downside optically is that the 35mm end is not as good as 28mm and below IMHO on the A7R (corners in particular)...I just sensor crop around the 28mm mark if I want the 35mm FL (if I remember) or use the CV35 F1.2 if I have it on me (You have your 35mm Summicron).
I have also had both versions MK1 and Mk2 of the CV15

Both were troublesome on the A7R, less so I expect on your A7S. Only the latest Mk3 version does away with the smeared corners it seems.
Bottom line is...If you can live with 16mm being your widest angle it’s a good choice.

St Michael’s Mount...2 different versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.