The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_eltsch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

A while ago ...

... at the pacific ocean
... with the A7R 35/2.8 and a little dodge and burn

Regards,
Helge

bensonga

It's been quite awhile since I shot with my A7. I pulled it out yesterday to try with a friend's Voigtlander 35/1.2 II Nokton and Zeiss 50/1.5 Sonnar. I really enjoyed using those manual focus lenses on the A7. Figured that while I had the A7 out, I should give the FE 16-35 a try, since I hadn't used it yet. At 35mm, from the few pictures I took, the CV 35 seemed a bit sharper in the corners than the FE, but what I noticed most of all was the difference in color rendition. The Zeiss FE was noticeably cooler.

Gary

Last edited:

iiiNelson

Just got my camera back from Lifepixel but my 590nm filters won't be here until tomorrow. In any case this is straight out the camera test shot with a white balance and slight manipulation of highlights and shadows in C1P8. Degradation in sharpness isn't the camera... I shot through a screen in the window because it's cold outside (currently like 12 degrees Fahrenheit.) The camera is as sharp (if not sharper) as usual. Going to do more testing with PS CC when I get the time.

A7R-FS + 55FE

FS_Test by HiredArm, on Flickr

iiiNelson

Already shows signs of IR, Tre. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
7s, M Rokkor 90/4, The Hague
That's great to know since there's no filter on the lens in this shot. I figured it would though as everything comes out pinkish at 5500K. Most of my test shots were between 2900-3400K.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

An evening mood from our balcony in Knokke towards the Zeebrugge harbour.
It's an old shot from 2010 with the A700 and Minolta 200/2.8 HS G that I recently dug up to PP

Slingers

Had a quick trip back to my homeland. Here is a shot of Auckland from a car.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

An unusual (for these parts) bar of light in the sunrise. A very tight crop with A7II and 75/2. Because I'm a moron, the ISO was still set at 1250, and the lens only stopped down to f/4. The equipment just rolled its eyes :rolleyes: and functioned anyway.

Oh, the tiny spots are birds.

--Matt

Last edited:

Barry Haines

An unusual (for these parts) bar of light in the sunrise. A very tight crop with A7II and 75/2. Because I'm a moron, the ISO was still set at 1250, and the lens only stopped down to f/4. The equipment just rolled its eyes :rolleyes: and functioned anyway.

Oh, the tiny spots are birds.

--Matt
Ditto Matt...I made exactly the same silly mistake with the St. Michaels Mount shot above (Forgot to change back the aperture and ISO)
We all do it from time to time...Glad you still posted nonetheless :) – Cheers Barry

LARGER

Status
Not open for further replies.