The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandrewk

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Living in the SF Bay Area, there are plenty of photo opportunities. Somehow, though, I can't get enough of the Golden Gate Bridge.

A7II, FE55 f1.8

scho

Some local street art taken with the Sony A7II+35mm FE 2.8.

Barry Haines

I think this is a horse.
Michiel...It could be a pony ;)
The Difference Between a Pony and a Horse

This cheeky little rascal was easy enough to get close to...But just wouldn't keep still for a second :mad: :mad: :mad:
The A6000 had no problem with it's fast AF tracking...But when I switched to the A7R it was pretty frustrating to get the robin sharp and compose wide open with the 16-35mm FE...This was the only sharp image out of around a hundred and twenty attempts :)

LARGER

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Final tune up in Boca Raton at the ODP (Olympic Development Program) water polo camp before the nationals in Riverside, CA. My 14 year old (the redhead) is the center on the 14 & under (13 and 14 year olds) Southeast Zone developmental team. All shots with the Sony a900 and Sony 70-200/2.8G. All shots cropped, of course.

RicoChase by mikalgrass, on Flickr

Rico3 by mikalgrass, on Flickr

This young man is 14, and from the Orlando, FL area. He is playing up a division for the Southeast Zone Cadet Team (15 and 16 year olds). His mom was trying to take photos of the action with her iPhone when I told her I would take a few of her son for her. She was very appreciative when she received the photos.

Goalie3 by mikalgrass, on Flickr

Goalie4 by mikalgrass, on Flickr

Barry Haines

^^^Love the light in this one, Barry!
Many thanks Michiel...^^^Likewise Re: Your Bray-sur-Somme image, you look like you are getting a decent amount of sun now you are back in Normandy :D
Here in Cornwall the sun only shows itself for a couple of seconds a day :cry: For the majority of the time it’s been hiding behind a thick layer of cloud.

As usual I’m still playing around with different programs to inject a bit of life into otherwise mundane overcast (flat lighting) lifeless images!
Tone Mapping is a bit like the digital equivalent of Potassium Ferricyanide (Farmer’s Reducer – ie. Liquid Sunshine!)
This one has been through the mangle as you can obviously see :LOL:

Before

After

LARGER

dchew

I stepped to a new low in stupidity: Renting a 50 Apo-Summicron asph from LensRentals. No way I can justify buying this lens. No way no way no way...

I figure if I just keep repeating that to myself I'll be safe. What a marvelous lens.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.