The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Hi Barry,

Trying to nail the focus at f1.2 is not easy. I used to have the F1.0 Noctilux and I had a hard time trying to shoot wide open. Anyway, I decided the f1.0 image was not my cup of tea and decided to sell the lens with a good profit.

In some ways, I envy you and others that have nearby access to great landscape locations. I have to travel to faraway places to capture these images. This May and June I will be in the UK and I will travel to the Isle of Skye to shoot some landscapes.
Hi Ng, agree wholeheartedly...I was much happier in the past manual focusing my Leica 35mm and 50mm M Summilux's set at f1.4 for close up street photography than ever using the faster Rokkor 58mm set at F1.2, the Rokkor becomes much sharper by F2 but some of that lovely bokeh has now disappeared and at that point I would now much prefer to use my Sony 55mm F1.8 FE instead for this type of work.
Interesting...In some ways you envy me and in some I envy you!
They say..."The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" :LOL:
BTW...I like your last set from China...Cheers Barry

LARGER

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

You have a nice pictural conversation over here gentlemen!
Thanks Michiel, It will take some time for me to join the "fun with A7" thread, so am trying to spruce a bit of life into this general Sony thread. Barry and a few others are playing along nicely. Not as active as the other thread though.

JMaher

A7II with Minolta 200 2.8 - very heavy crops

Burrowing Owls In Cape Coral, FL

Jim

Last edited:

Malina DZ

Re: Fun With Sony _____

a850+Mitakon 85/2 wide open.
This Mitakon Creator is an interesting option for A-mount. I'm still studying its pros and cons against Sony 85/2.8 SAM. Dumping DNGs in here if any one wishes to take a closer look.

nsng

A few images of children from Yunnan, China. A7R w FE55 f1.8

sjg284

Just another snow day in NYC
A7s + Leica ASPH Lux 35/1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.