The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

biglouis

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Yesterday, beautiful weather and the whole of Whitehall was closed to traffic. I think there was a demonstration going on in Parliament Square. This is outside Horse-guards.

Sony A7s 24-70

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Wonderful shots Barry. BTW the ZM35/2 shoots pretty well on A7r.mod and A7.mod :)
Many thanks + Also for letting me know about the A7R Mod (sensor plate reduction)...I didn't know that all was fine again with the ZM35/2 on the A7 series cameras (perhaps I should of hanged onto that lens)...Cheers Barry

Many thanks Michiel, that 3" long galleon belongs to me and also the bath it's floating in :D

I think we are BOTH waiting very patiently for the new expected A9/A7R2 camera :):):)

It will be interesting to see if Guy or somebody else kicks off a brand new Sony thread (Sony A9 series) that's if indeed it's called the A9. I'm personally pretty happy if he just re-entitles the current A7 series (all of them) thread to take into account the eventual upcoming A9 series. I will hang onto the old A7R until it goes kaput I think...My thoughts are it would be a shame if we all end up getting divided up again which is basically what happened when the A7S arrived on the scene...if you get my drift.

This thread is doing very nicely, it's well supported with images from the likes of Pieter, Malina, MikalWGrass, Tom, hiepphotog and many others...It's a good home for seeing Sony APS-C images as far as I see it, most of which quite frankly look as good as the FF cameras by the time that they are uploaded to 1200px maximum wide/high :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Last edited:

Thorkil

Credit for being out of focus Michiel....:p..:)thumbup::thumbup:)
How come pictures here, specially from Michiel, Barry and Werner are downloading so very, very slow?
Thorkil
(PS. very nice pictures all you folks here inside are making!...and Barry makes it rolling in his pp-room!)

iiiNelson

Credit for being out of focus Michiel....:p..:)thumbup::thumbup:)
How come pictures here, specially from Michiel, Barry and Werner are downloading so very, very slow?
Thorkil
(PS. very nice pictures all you folks here inside are making!...and Barry makes it rolling in his pp-room!)
I believe they post higher resolution pics

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Thorkil.
We upload them from Flickr in their biggest size what we shouldn't because it also takes time for getdpi to downsize them to their maximum size.

I try this one now at 1024 pixels wide ans see if there is any difference.

V

Vivek

We upload them from Flickr in their biggest size what we shouldn't because it also takes time for getdpi to downsize them to their maximum size.
I thought it was slow auto focus with the A7r that made it difficult. ;)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
7s, Color Yashinon 40/1.7, The Hague

iiiNelson

Autofocus!?! Who even does that these days because those Sony lenses are way too big!?! Adapters for the win!!! :)

pegelli

^^ Fully agree Barry, and don't forget we also see a lot of FF shots with the DSLR's A850/900/99 here. I can imagine that you forget what a DSLR is after using an a7R for so long, and it's not a Dinosaur Single Lens Reflex . Just google and you'll find out what it is :LOL::LOL:

V

Vivek

Autofocus!?! Who even does that these days because those Sony lenses are way too big!?! Adapters for the win!!! :)
Well if you discount the real Zeiis Otii that are truck sized and manual focus only, yes. ;)

One from the tiny Olympus pen F 60/1.5, Paris.

7s, Olympus pen F 60/1.5, Paris

V

Vivek

Ahem, perhaps you guys are overlooking things? Just click on |who posted| numbers for this thread. All the pics I posted are still here and I did not pull them.

Thorkil

Thanks Thorkil.

I try this one now at 1024 pixels wide ans see if there is any difference.

:) Yes, its on at once, while the others are still strugling....
perhaps you all should do at max. 1200px?
thorkil
(nice light..)

Barry Haines

Ahem, perhaps you guys are overlooking things? Just click on |who posted| numbers for this thread. All the pics I posted are still here and I did not pull them.
Yes, I owe you an apology Vivek, sorry about that!...I should have of course included you within that list, with you at the very top of the leader board on this particular thread. :salute: my friend...As I should have give credit to many others here.
To be fair I was just adding some of the more recent names that were showing up on this page...It wasn't meant as a slight I can assure you...Cheers Barry

Again you are quite right Pieter...We have FF here as well as APS-C...What was I thinking of :confused:

V

Vivek

Hi Barry, it isn't me but the A7r pics from me, Michiel and several others that are still here. ;)

V

Vivek

The focus was correct but someone jumped into the frame. :(

7s, Color Yashinon 40/1.7, Paris

Status
Not open for further replies.