The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiiNelson

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Vivek I'll admit my bias is that I'm a tallish man with large hands so I like lenses large enough that I can manipulate them. I bought into the FE series for versatility that I was lacking in my M9. I wasn't willing to give up a FF sensor though.

Sometimes small is just way too damn small.

V

Vivek

Tre, 49mm filter (Olympus pen F 60/1.5) and Color Yashinon 40/1.7 (52mm filter) are just the right size for the A7x. :)

iiiNelson

Tre, 49mm filter (Olympus pen F 60/1.5) and Color Yashinon 40/1.7 (52mm filter) are just the right size for the A7x. :)
Maybe so but I love my A7's with grips so the 67mm and 72mm point just right as well.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Again you are quite right Pieter...We have FF here as well as APS-C...What was I thinking of :confused:
No worries Barry, I was just pulling your leg. I'm in a bit of a jolly mood after a whole day photo trip with 4 other togs to the Antwerp Harbor. The banter among us was probably ten times bigger then the crop of successful pictures :loco:, so we really had a great time :clap:

See here for more details

Barry Haines

It's OK I'm used to having my leg pulled :LOL: my wife never misses an opportunity.
You look like you have some good photographic buddies there Pieter...I can imagine that all the banter can get distracting from getting a bumper crop of images by the end of the day...But you obviously had a good time and that's what really counts.

All from A7ii

FE 16-35mm @ 35mm

FE 16-35mm @ 19mm

FE 16-35mm @ 31mm

FE 16-35mm @ 32mm

Tamron 150-600mm @ 150mm

W.Utsch

I noticed the slow download of my posted pics since a couple of days (at FM it' the same).
The posted size is always 1600x1051 (the native size at FM) and there was never a problem with download speed or the resizing by the forum software.

I upload all my pics to Flickr at 100% (as a backup) out of LR. Other sizes would be much more work for me.

I have no idea what's the problem but suspect Flickr. If i watch the transfer speed on my MAC it starts fast and then quickly goes down to 20-30 kb/s.

I welcome anybody who can help!

Cheers

Werner

V

Vivek

A7R + 50mm Summilux . I'm afraid I may be bringing a bit of femininity to your thread ;)
Lovely! :thumbs:You posted a version of this earlier, briefly, before taking it down.

(don't worry about the dog pics. LOL)

chiquita

Lovely! :thumbs:You posted a version of this earlier, briefly, before taking it down.

(don't worry about the dog pics. LOL)
Thanks :) I posted a few messy shots whilst trying to find the right posting size but I think I've got it now allbeit I'm upsizing images to Flickr that I maybe already have on there, but smaller! Not sure how each site manages sharpening either. Facebook makes nasty artifacts if you post too large there.

Barry Haines

Getting away with out of focus!...Then jumping into the frame at the last moment and now we are being seduced...You guys don't miss a trick :LOL:

Same old place at a different time of the day but taken with the Sony 55mm FE lens...now getting in much closer to the rocks and the spray.

LARGER

pegelli

Here's two I shot yesterday in the "Deurganckdoksluis", this is worlds biggest lock they're building (500 x 68 x 27 meter) to let the largest container ships come into the Kallo Dock part of the Antwerp harbour. It was open to the public for the weekend, just before they're going to dredge the dykes and flood the whole construction with water. One of the extra attractions is a very large mural that several graffiti artists are putting on one of the side walls, and that will be visible when the water is at the low level.

The artists and their shadows:

NEX6 + Rokkor 58/1.4

Chasing the shark

NEX6 + Zuiko 24/2.8

sjg284

From the Bronx @ NYBG for the yearly orchid show...

A7s + Sony 28-70

A7s + Contax C/Y Vario Sonnar 35-70

frozenbb

Lovers.

I was only borrowing the lens, but I do admit I was surprised at how well it performed (after correcting for distortion). Not bad for $300. However, I've yet to master the challenges presented by such a wide fov.

Status
Not open for further replies.