The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Indian God of Peace statue by Carl Milles - 1936. Housed in the Ramsey County Courthouse, St Paul, Minnesota.

Scale is a little hard to judge; the statue is 38 feet tall (~12 meters). That's me reflected in the ceiling, near top center.

Voigtlander 12mm ƒ5.6 on Sony A7S - ISO 12,800

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Another oldie...Not a lot happens here in Bodmin but on the 19th May 2012 the world seemed focused upon it, as the Olympic torch bearer with his police security guards sprinted very briefly through on his way to London.
This was definitely a one chance only shot!

LARGER

Shac

pegelli and chiquita - on the off chance you mean the grey jay on the ice axe - thank you

Ron Pfister

Long hiatus again. Lots of fantastic images, everyone. Congratulations and many thanks for sharing!

I caved and ordered the A7II recently. Really curious how well IBIS works with the longer lenses I have...

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Love it or hate it, the bokeh of these old Russian Helios-44-2's is something special. This is from a 1981 vintage version with 8 aperture blades (fully open)

Last edited:

Barry Haines

Long hiatus again. Lots of fantastic images, everyone. Congratulations and many thanks for sharing!

I caved and ordered the A7II recently. Really curious how well IBIS works with the longer lenses I have...
Hi Ron, lovely to have you back here again my friend....Also congratulations on getting the A7II :thumbup: I look forward to trying it out when we next meet up again :eek: ;)
Are we still on for this month?...that would be great :)
I have just ordered today the FE 70-200mm F4 as I needed to treat myself, not sure quite what the reason was for spoiling myself...I just needed a longer lens I suppose...You can try it out if you fancy on your new A7II :)
Cheers Barry

Ron Pfister

Barry, a thumbs-up on all counts :) I'll be in touch shortly so we can flesh out a plan...

Barry Haines

That will be great...Will look forward to it...I will wait to hear from you...Cheers Barry

Taken this afternoon in the pouring rain with flat lighting.
First one at Polzeath then at Rock...Both A7R + 58mm F1.2 Rokkor + Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

Last edited:

This profile I made out of Adobe Standard with some tweaking. A whole morning of trial and error. But it came out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.