The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiel Schierbeek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Thank you AnnnaT. It is not made by me. I have looked on the little stand on the left who made it but I forgot :confused:

The material for these sculptures were provided by the Steel plant some 15 years ago.

Here is another one, this one is made by a colleque I know; Herbert Nouwens.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Yesterday I visited the béguinage of Lier (Belgium)

Here's a few impressions:

1: Looking in through the west gate

A850 + Minolta 35-70/4 @ 70 mm

2: Some of the old houses are empty, which leads to shady characters looking in ;)

3: Alley

NEX6 + Tokina AT-X 35-70/2.8 @ 70 mm

4: Young beguines looking for quarters?

5: Even the cats wear beguine outfits here

6: It's a pretty old place, parts dating back to the early 1600's

7: Old water pump

8: Wannabee window

Last edited:

Ron Pfister

Quick trip to the zoo today to test the A7II with long lenses. Some shots below - all hand-held. Observations:

- I like IBIS :)
- Drains battery much quicker than A7R (assuming this is due to IBIS, but haven't tested)
- Doesn't drain batteries as fast as Canon OIS (less mass to move, I assume)
- A7II has a much quieter shutter than A7R - stealthy!
- Jaggies are still there (no surprise)
- I think I'll be liking this cam!

Barry Haines

Quick trip to the zoo today to test the A7II with long lenses. Some shots below - all hand-held. Observations:

- I like IBIS :)
- Drains battery much quicker than A7R (assuming this is due to IBIS, but haven't tested)
- Doesn't drain batteries as fast as Canon OIS (less mass to move, I assume)
- A7II has a much quieter shutter than A7R - stealthy!
- Jaggies are still there (no surprise)
- I think I'll be liking this cam!
Ron...It all sounds good except for the battery drain but it makes perfect sense that the IBIS is going to consume a bit extra.
+
IBIS is going to be dead handy for you with that long Leica APO Telyt of yours, especially when you are back at sea photographing those icebergs from a safe distance :D
Cheers Barry

LARGER

Ron Pfister

Yes, that was my rationale for buying the A7II. Most of my photography this year will be made from moving platforms, and IBIS will come in very handy there, no matter what the focal length is. I decided that I'd rather have 24 crisp MP than 36 blurry ones. Time will tell if my reasoning was sound, but so far, I like what I see...

Barry Haines

Yes, that was my rationale for buying the A7II. Most of my photography this year will be made from moving platforms, and IBIS will come in very handy there, no matter what the focal length is. I decided that I'd rather have 24 crisp MP than 36 blurry ones. Time will tell if my reasoning was sound, but so far, I like what I see...
Probably a wise decision Ron...As I'm beginning to wonder if an IBIS A7RII is ever going to become a reality this year...Not sure I particular want the rumored 50mp's anyway (36mp's is my sweet spot)...I rarely print larger than 24"x16" and 24mp would be more than adequate for carrying out that task...Glad you are happy with it...My 70-200mm FE should be with me sometime next week so you can try it out...Cheers Barry

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Amazing stuff, guys!

I was at my daughter's school play, which was held in this VERY large (over 600 ft long) room. There were also:

Dragons in the Cathedral

That was the color, but it was so dark that you could only make
out the purple at the base of the columns.

This is also a fairly tight crop, so why use such a wide angle lens?
It's a very off-center crop, so it simulates a large shift -
something like a 35mm lens on a technical camera.
Fewer pixels, but IBIS!

Here's the full image.

--Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.