The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonoslack

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Michiel, Barry, Vivek - lovely photos!
Barry - we've just arrived at Brane (between St Buryan and Sancreed). Happy to be Here again!

V

Vivek

Thank you, Jono. :). Sony should hurrry up with their new cam so that we can see you here with your pics again! ;)

Spring flowers.

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr

Ultraviolet capture (hacked A7).

Barry Haines

Michiel, Barry, Vivek - lovely photos!
Barry - we've just arrived at Brane (between St Buryan and Sancreed). Happy to be Here again!
Many thanks Jono...It's always good to be back in Cornwall ;)
Both Ron Pfister and myself are hoping to come over to St. Ives this Thursday. We decided to try one of your favourite days out that you mentioned earlier...St. Erth by train for lunch at Porthminster Beach etc...
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/625821-post4194.html
Who knows we might see you about as we stroll over to the Tate...Cheers Barry
OT. My neighbour was born in St Buryan, I understand that she was a close neighbour to David Cornwell (John le Carré).

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Last Saturday I went to Fort 4 in Mortsel. This Fort was built between 1859 and 1864 as part of the inner defense ring around Antwerp. It actually saw very little fighting action, by the time WW1 started it had become too weak for the shells of that time and after 1 hit it was deserted. During WW2 the Germans used it as a barracks and storage of munition and airplane bombs. The fort didn't have any fixed guns, only moveable 6" guns and 12" mortars. They also had some smaller guns to defend their backside. For the Dutch speakers there is some more information here.

Main gate

Look into the reduit

Towards the back of the reduit

Ammunition Chamber in need of repair

Gun chambers of the backside defense

All A850 + 80-200/2.8 HS G @ 80 mm

ggibson

Took this one last summer and totally forgot to upload it to flickr until now. Great colors that night:

jonoslack

Many thanks Jono...It's always good to be back in Cornwall ;)
Both Ron Pfister and myself are hoping to come over to St. Ives this Thursday. We decided to try one of your favourite days out that you mentioned earlier...St. Erth by train for lunch at Porthminster Beach etc...
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/625821-post4194.html
Who knows we might see you about as we stroll over to the Tate...Cheers Barry
OT. My neighbour was born in St Buryan, I understand that she was a close neighbour to David Cornwell (John le Carré).
Hi Barry
Ho - St Ives on Thursday eh? HO Hum . . . We're actually having a family lunch on Saturday at the Porthminster cafe . . . We're doing some cliff walks, and we thought we might walk along from Porthmeor towards Zennor - perhaps on Thursday. . . (I hope the weather's better than today - it was proper cornish drizzle, the type that looks like nothing and gets you completely drenched!)

Thinks . . it'd be great to meet you both!

jonoslack

Thank you, Jono. :). Sony should hurrry up with their new cam so that we can see you here with your pics again! ;)
Indeed Vivek . . but this time I've sold the lenses too :loco::shocked:

dandrewk

Took this one last summer and totally forgot to upload it to flickr until now. Great colors that night:

Baker beach! My favorite Bay Area beach. Great for dogs too!

I was just there a couple of days ago. :)

Sony A7II, FE55

Barry Haines

Thank you Pieter...But I think I must give you back full credit for the idea itself...I suspect I subconsciously pinched your concept from your earlier images on this page with the cherry pickers and graffiti artists.
I like yours in B&W as they have more drama as if they are battling dinosaurs as you say...It's those teeth that make the pictures for me.
I have to confess I'm not so keen on the distracting rope and flag...Fairly easy to remove in Photoshop if you have it, awkward I suspect if you don't!...Bottom line full marks to you my friend...Cheers Barry

pegelli

^^ thanks Barry. I've thought about the rope and flag as well. They'll probably have to go now that you mention they're distracting. Every time I see these shots in the future I'll think "d**n rope and flag". It's strange how you're sometimes blind for deficiencies in your own shots :loco:

I've thought about printing these as a triptych, so I better get my cloning brush out before I do.

Barry Haines

Hi Barry
Ho - St Ives on Thursday eh? HO Hum . . . We're actually having a family lunch on Saturday at the Porthminster cafe . . . We're doing some cliff walks, and we thought we might walk along from Porthmeor towards Zennor - perhaps on Thursday. . . (I hope the weather's better than today - it was proper cornish drizzle, the type that looks like nothing and gets you completely drenched!)

Thinks . . it'd be great to meet you both!
Jono...Not to worry just a thought I had...We will keep an eye out for you at Porthmeor beach on your return from your walk, as the Tate is just across the road which we will be heading over to.
I'm sure our paths will cross one day (In a good way :) )
Enjoy your time down here and if it's still raining by the end of your holiday...please take the bad weather back with you to Norfolk...Cheers Barry

dandrewk

Baker beach! My favorite Bay Area beach. Great for dogs too!

I was just there a couple of days ago. :)
Oh, found one more from Baker Beach. This was taken awhile ago :))). Sorry about the poor quality, it was hard to get a good image with my Contax II without a tripod. Plus, dust from some annoying nearby construction had coated the lens.

pegelli

^^ The bridge there just looks like two big diving boards. Must have been a while ago. I love these old shots from years ago to see how it all developed to what it is today. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.