The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsng

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Nicely done, NSNG! :)
Thanks Vivek. It has been over a year since I started using the A7r. Interestingly, nearly half of my photos are now captured with the A7r. The other half are from the M240.

scho

Sony A7r with Leica R 50mm Summicron.

Summer theater entrance.

Old boxcar in back of theater.

Barry Haines

Another old (Folly) image of mine originally taken with the 10x8 Gandolfi and 165mm Super Angulon (Circa 1985) - Copied using the A7R/55mm FE lens.
This time I made a “Salt Print” using the very earliest method of photographic printing, the same as used by William Henry Fox Talbot.
I.e. soaking the print in a solution of sodium chloride and then (Double) coating with a silver nitrate solution once the paper had dried.
Exposure was around a couple of hours in the sun with the negative on top in a contact printing frame...(The process was later improved by WHFT to increase the sharpness).

The image is of Temple Bar ( Temple Bar, London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ).
Taken in Theobalds Park, Cheshunt (before it was relocated back to London a 123 years later in 2003-2004).
The then owner at Theobalds Park a Lady Meux was quite a colourful character remembered by my Grandparents as riding around London in a buggy draw by a pair of zebras!
On the upper level she used to entertain the Prince of Wales and Winston Churchill.

LARGER

My old Gandolfi 10x8 Traditional Camera with 165mm Super Angulon​

Steve P.

Fantastic stuff, Barry and great stories.
No-one does eccentric with quite the panache of the English aristocracy. Completely potty, some of them!

scho

A few more peeling paint and rust shots from the boxcar shoot. I will go back to re-shoot this car with tripod and Cambo Actus attached to the A7r with some LF glass out front. These were all hand held and since I've become accustomed to shooting with IBIS cameras recently I neglected to take care when shooting with the A7r.

Slow moving aren't we? But very nice shots everyone.

Scho: nice colorful set.
Barry: great stories

A short hike today with the Biogon G 21

Big Log

Jutting Out

Reaching

Rock Face

Cacti

A

nsng

Cat on a pedestal facing the sun to get some heat at Ephesus, Turkey. A7r w/FE 55 f1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.