The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Taken this morning over at Roche, looking across St. Austell Downs.
Two different conversions - Colour and pseudo IR with some added halation to give a ghostly glow ;)
+
Two different stories which are associated with the Rock, if you care to click on the links below...Cheers Barry

biglouis

Hot Club de Camden - with an appreciative audience - at least the dog has more taste than its owner.

A7r+FE24-70

ggibson

Bokeh fun with the 16-35/4. I think it's so awesome that one lens can give me both ultrawide angles and the ability to get some decent background separation at 35/4!

Barry Haines

Very nice Graham^^^ Agree wholeheartedly the 35mm end (wide open) is super when used close up, it has a lovely soft creamy bokeh that I like a lot ;)
Your image just reminded me that Sergio Lovisolo also did an excellent example earlier shot wide open close-up at the 35mm end http://www.getdpi.com/forum/613794-post200.html

I will make this the final alternative type process print copied via the A7R/55mm FE lens...Again originally taken on the 10x8 Gandolfi with the 165mm Super Angulon.
This is a bromoil print of the “Clavell Tower” at Kimmeridge Bay, Dorset. Clavell Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It was taken soon after the filming of the 1985 P.D. James TV series “The Black Tower” in which the tower ended up catching fire.
I was in two minds whether or not to show this image, as it was my one and only attempt at this process (Having now seen other bromoilists work, I know for a fact it’s not a great example).
None the less it was all part of a photographic series of UK follies that I was intending to turn into a book one day and never did!...Showing different alternative processes being used for each different folly around the UK.
A bromoil print for those not familiar with the process is basically a conventional darkroom BW print on an uncoated paper (Kentmere Document Art in this particular case) that is bleached back to a latent image in a mixture of copper sulphate, potassium bromide and potassium dichromate...It leaves behind a ghost of the image that has a very slightly raised surface, it is this delicate surface that will accept dilute intaglio inks being gently applied via a soft bristle hair brush (shaving brushes are commonly used).
Like Temple Bar this has been disassembled and relocated since this photograph was taken...But in this case it only moved 25 metres inland away from the nearby cliff erosion.

LARGER

frozenbb

It's been done to excess, but perhaps not with this combination of high-end / low-end gear!

And here's another one with the same combo.

Flying

pegelli

^^^nice processing chiquita, maybe only straighten the horizon in the first ;)

chiquita

^^^nice processing chiquita, maybe only straighten the horizon in the first ;)
Thanks :) I thought I did straighten it though. I used the LR lens profile then auto level. Maybe it's the breakwater in the upper left hand side that makes it look slightly skewed!

jaree

Please post a few large samples with this combo if you can. I have been looking at picking up one of the Minolta AF zooms for use with my A7. Thanks!

It's been done to excess, but perhaps not with this combination of high-end / low-end gear!

And here's another one with the same combo.

Flying

V

Vivek

Bitingly sharp! Any ND filters used, Hiep?

V

Vivek

This does not bode well for the M cams!

Status
Not open for further replies.