The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Barry thank you very much for the kind words :)

I agree the FE 35/1.4 is a superb lens. Yes it is larger than I would like, but it is now one of the first lenses I take to go.

Shots yesterday from my wife's birthday.
A7II and FE 35/1.4
OT
Charles
I think it is I that owe you and the guys over at FM a big thanks for all you're excellent work at looking at the various options of 35mm choices with the A7 series cameras.
I loved my old M 35mm non-asph Lux and regretted selling it for the Cron then the ZM Biogon and more recently the Nokton...It's the Distagon that has put me back on track again I feel.
I'm not bothered by the weight just my only gripe is the size...You can't have everything it seems :)
Excellent pictures and belated Happy Birthday to your dear wife...Cheers Barry
PS. I have to ask did the A7R mod improve the IQ even further with this lens?

CharlesK

OT
Charles
I think it is I that owe you and the guys over at FM a big thanks for all you're excellent work at looking at the various options of 35mm choices with the A7 series cameras.
I loved my old M 35mm non-asph Lux and regretted selling it for the Cron then the ZM Biogon and more recently the Nokton...It's the Distagon that has put me back on track again I feel.
I'm not bothered by the weight just my only gripe is the size...You can't have everything it seems :)
Excellent pictures and belated Happy Birthday to your dear wife...Cheers Barry
PS. I have to ask did the A7R mod improve the IQ even further with this lens?
Thank you:) My wife appreciates the kind wishes!

I have tried the FE 35/1.4 with my A7r Mod, and it performs extremely well. In the end it comes down to functionality and ease of use, and I now love the A7II and FE 35/1.4. For low light, I am often using shutter speeds of 1/10sec. I have pre-ordered my A7rII from my local sources in Australia :D

I find the MF dampened and improved and having the aperature ring on the lens is just wonderful. The best of MF and AF IMO!

biglouis

I'm keeping my FE 24-70 for casual occasions when I don't need the best possible quality. The problem is that I compared it with the FE 55 at 55 mm and the difference in file quality was rather pronounced! (As you'd expect comparing a zoom with a prime.)

It is actually a good performer at 35 mm, better than the 16-35 at that focal length, but judging by the reviews I've read (and Barry's enthusiasm!) I think there will be a marked difference with the FE 35 1.4 Distagon. If that lens performs anything like the FE 55 I'll be very happy indeed.

Fedex estimate Thursday delivery and I'll post some shots next weekend.
I'm beginning to like my 24-70 a lot. I was slow to use it because I bought it mainly as a snap shooter. I'm finding it is a very convenient lens for walking around with on my early morning wanderings. If I know exactly what I am going to shoot then I tend to pack only one lens that I need for that particular capture. But when I am speccing things out it is great to have the zoom range and I've got many keepers from unexpected opportunities. Not as important to me but it is also a very nicely built lens.

LouisB

BSEH

Some more Sri Lanka pic - the trip from Nuwara Eliya to Ella is a legendary trip and all still run like it was 100 years ago - and yes the station Head - Master and the controll room is for real - this is what runs the railway.. photo - a7r/ 16-35 f/4. - train delay was 4,5 hours.:)

BSEH

Sri Lanka Highland - Nuwara Eliya afther a rain shower - close to Hottons Place ( Little England ) 7r - 16-35 f/4

Barry Haines

Had our fair share of rain these last couple of days.
Taken a few hours ago up on Bodmin Moor, near Camelford.

LARGER

Shac

A spring bouquet to thank all those posting images in this thread
A7 & 100 Apo Macro

Mark K

Still have no trace where the 90mm macro is so this is what I have

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Well, my FE 35 F1.4 Distagon arrived today, to my great surprise! I ordered it from Hong Kong on Friday evening, it was shipped at 3 am EDST (NY time) on Sat. and Fedex put it on my doorstep in Ontario at 1pm today. (US$1597, free shipping.) Outstanding service.

The lens is fabulous, every bit of what I'd hoped for and then some. Because today is bright and sunny I haven't been able to test it at full aperture, but at f5.6 it is extremely sharp, crisp with beautiful micro contrast.

This shot is not great art but is indicative! The ship was moving and so were the radar antennas.

and 100% crop

Barry Haines

Well, my FE 35 F1.4 Distagon arrived today, to my great surprise! I ordered it from Hong Kong on Friday evening, it was shipped at 3 am EDST (NY time) on Sat. and Fedex put it on my doorstep in Ontario at 1pm today. (US$1597, free shipping.) Outstanding service.

The lens is fabulous, every bit of what I'd hoped for and then some. Because today is bright and sunny I haven't been able to test it at full aperture, but at f5.6 it is extremely sharp, crisp with beautiful micro contrast.

This shot is not great art but is indicative! The ship was moving and so were the radar antennas.

and 100% crop

Congratulations Bill on your new lens, glad it arrived swiftly from HK, that was pretty dam quick!...I'm even happier that you like it....Look forward to seeing some F1.4 images from you later on...Please send some of that sun our way it's so dark and gloomy here that we are being forced to shoot at F1.4 :D...Cheers Barry

LARGER

iiiNelson

Congrats Bill on your Distagon. Got mine in hand now although it arrived almost two weeks ago or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.