The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrigan63

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Another shot with the Canon 55mm f/1.2 wide open to get a feel for how thin the plane of focus is and how the bokeh renders.

Mmmmm, muffins... by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

As you can see the background quickly disintegrates to nothingness. Focus was on the top of the middle front muffin and traverses diagonally. Thin as paper. This lens will take some practice.

iiiNelson

Last edited:

pegelli

^^^@ HiredArm, nice series but your sensor needs a clean

iiiNelson

^^^@ HiredArm, nice series but your sensor needs a clean
Thanks... Got the horizons mostly straight though. :)

Yeah I know... I noticed when I was processing them.

I've been running around and it got dirty some time today. I switched bags though and left my brush in the other bag but I will try to blow it out tomorrow... It's probably a hair or a piece of lint though judging from size. Didn't bother cloning and healing as they're just family vacation shots... Nothing critical.

Michiel Schierbeek

The building on the left is the backside of the old city hall of Over Amstel, now completly integrated in the city. On the right the backside of the old Asscher Diamond factory.
Property developers are standing in line.

Barry Haines

Thanks... Got the horizons mostly straight though. :)
Tre, I'm sure that you can help as you are good friends with Guy and Jack and know all that's occurring around here :talk028: I'm finding that it's getting increasingly tough posting here nowadays :cussing: Do the "BOYZ from AMSTERDAM" have any real autonomy over us? or do they just like pointing out the obvious! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I suspect it's just hot air they are blowing off :ROTFL: We aren't going to get a ticket from the "HORIZION POLICE" Aka the "SPECK INSPECTOR"...and now we have a self appointed "CRITIC" joining in :rolleyes: ...Cheers Barry

PS. You would have gotten away with that speck, had you only posted just the one image...I thought it was a bird in motion until I saw the others :bugeyes:

pegelli

I suspect it's just hot air they are blowing off :ROTFL:
Well the "BOYZ from AMSTERDAM" are just trying to be helpful :lecture:. It's in our genes :ROTFL:

Btw, how did you know I was born in Amsterdam :confused:

Btw, still undecided on getting an A7 series so I can rightfully enter this thread, now I'm just a stalker (albeit a helpful one ;))

V

Vivek

PS. You would have gotten away with that speck, had you only posted just the one image...I thought it was a bird in motion until I saw the others :bugeyes:
Good point (ing the obvious)! Barry and sorry about my wasted time. :(

No intend to offend you at all. Only you have the right to make the comments. :salute:

Michiel Schierbeek

I am the only one from Amsterdam (and Knorp, but he is not guilty) and I didn't say a word. I have just been righteous doing my likes. :angel:
The critic is from The Haque, a posh governemental city, and they usually know where they are talking about :rolleyes:
I don't know what it is but I think the Cornwall network is slightly out of date. May be time to check the landlines over there to see if any information got stuck in those rocks. :D

BTW Did you know that you almost ran out of smilies for one post. You got lucky I think the smilie controllers were just having a nap.
Must have been the time zone.

Barry Haines

Well the "BOYZ from AMSTERDAM" are just trying to be helpful :lecture:. It's in our genes :ROTFL:

Btw, how did you know I was born in Amsterdam :confused:

Btw, still undecided on getting an A7 series so I can rightfully enter this thread, now I'm just a stalker (albeit a helpful one ;))
That you are Pieter ;) :D

I think you showed us earlier some images of where you were raised as a child on another thread.

I will settle for "Horizon Police" and "Speck Inspector"...I won't add "Stalker" to the growing list :D

Cheers Barry

pegelli

The critic is from The Haque, a posh governemental city, and they usually know where they are talking about :rolleyes:
:ROTFL:

Spot on! :clap:
You know, there is a joke about the Dutch economy between Rotterdam (where I had my first real job), the Hague and Amsterdam.

In Rotterdam they know how to make money
In the Hague they know how to devide money
In Amsterdam they know how to spend money

:grin:

Michiel Schierbeek

Barry, I am waiting....... Don't tell me you ran out to take pictures again....:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:

V

Vivek

Context is everything. Not getting a ticket (this is the Hague :)) but getting directions from a tram security. :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7s, Olympus pen F 60/1.5, The Hague

"Boyz from Amsterdam" from a north american context is meant as a slight (=> dope heads) since it is perceived as a drug haven in the west (west of Amsterdam). :LOL:

Michiel Schierbeek

You know, there is a joke about the Dutch economy between Rotterdam (where I had my first real job), the Hague and Amsterdam.

In Rotterdam they know how to make money
In the Hague they know how to devide money
In Amsterdam they know how to spend money

:grin:
How come they always forget me in The Haque :confused:

Michiel Schierbeek

Context is everything. Not getting a ticket (this is the Hague :)) but getting directions from a tram security. :)

"Boyz from Amsterdam" from a north american context is meant as a slight (=> dope heads) since it is perceived as a drug haven in the west (west of Amsterdam). :LOL:
I am doing a lot of tea these days :D :chug: But then I am not so much "a boy" anymore. We are working on our image. I believe half of the "coffeeshops" have been closed already.
The red light district is shrinking and there are more tourists then ever drooling around of which the worst are groups on rental bikes with no sense of direction and experience with bikes and Amsterdam biking rules, which is the most anarchistic group of traffic participants one can imagine.
For the rest everybody is welcome of course :)

iiiNelson

Tre, I'm sure that you can help as you are good friends with Guy and Jack and know all that's occurring around here :talk028: I'm finding that it's getting increasingly tough posting here nowadays :cussing: Do the "BOYZ from AMSTERDAM" have any real autonomy over us? or do they just like pointing out the obvious! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I suspect it's just hot air they are blowing off :ROTFL: We aren't going to get a ticket from the "HORIZION POLICE" Aka the "SPECK INSPECTOR"...and now we have a self appointed "CRITIC" joining in :rolleyes: ...Cheers Barry

I'm just a regular member here so I have no special pull but I think it's all in good fun/taste and a helpful nature though.

The potential dirty sensor is something I noticed myself while editing. Had a similar thing happen with my M9-P once but it was a bit more precarious at first because I didn't know if it was a dirty sensor (potential relief) or the start of a cracked sensor (potential calamity.) Thankfully it was only a long (for me) hair. Before that never had dirty sensor issues pop up much with DSLR's. Sort of a byproduct of going mirrorless... More frequent but easier to perform cleanings.

Status
Not open for further replies.