The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Tre, You have to be more careful with your A7r ("Full spectrum") since the dust shaker would be absent in that one.

etrigan63

I hear you Tre. That is the curse of mirrorless: easy access to dust, lint and hair. Far outweighed by the blessings to be sure. Now we know what the MFD guys feel like (the ones that switch backs between cameras in the field).

For the record (as a happily married photographer and family man), family photos are the MOST IMPORTANT photos you can take as the critics are merciless and very close at hand.

iiiNelson

Tre, You have to be more careful with your A7r ("Full spectrum") since the dust shaker would be absent in that one.
True...Very true. The cover glass is replaced with clear glass of equal thickness. I have a brush that works really well but I'm going to try to blow it off today.

V

Vivek

Was curious how the flare played out.

Thanks for showing/sharing, Tre. :)

Barry Haines

I am the only one from Amsterdam (and Knorp, but he is not guilty) and I didn't say a word. I have just been righteous doing my likes. :angel:
The critic is from The Haque, a posh governemental city, and they usually know where they are talking about :rolleyes:
I don't know what it is but I think the Cornwall network is slightly out of date. May be time to check the landlines over there to see if any information got stuck in those rocks. :D

BTW Did you know that you almost ran out of smilies for one post. You got lucky I think the smilie controllers were just having a nap.
Must have been the time zone.
Barry, I am waiting....... Don't tell me you ran out to take pictures again....:sleep006::sleep006::sleep006:
Michiel, not sure what it is that you are waiting for!...I was just waiting for you to calm down a bit after your nap :toocool:
For your peace of mind I wasn't referring to you Michiel or Bart for that matter he is always innocent ;)
Had no idea that their was a smiley controller...Is he or she also from the Netherlands :LOL:
I will restrict it to no more than 3 smilies in the future :) :) :)

I just felt if members wish to spend their time pointing out what is generally pretty obvious to most of us here, that's their right to do so...Being English I personally just felt it was a little impolite and unnecessary as this is GetDPI not DPREVIEW.
Personally though I feel we are all experienced enough here, well certainly on this particular thread, to be the very best critics of our own particular work.
BTW...I would be the very last person to try and stop anybody here having their say, so please don't get me wrong...Criticism can be constructive but I have also seen it to be destructive to others.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Re: Fun With Sony _____

I'm posting this here because I think it was a Minolta camera I used (might have been a Yashica). Taken nearly 50 years ago in rural Quebec. Was originally Agfachrome film.

We are so spoilt today with digital metadata!

V

Vivek

Vivek... I wasn't offended in the least, I was amused though :toocool:

I just felt if members wish to spend their time pointing out what is generally pretty obvious to most of us here, that's their right to do so...Being English I personally just felt it was a little impolite and unnecessary as this is GetDPI not DPREVIEW.
Personally though I feel we are all experienced enough here, well certainly on this particular thread, to be the very best critics of our own particular work.
BTW...I would be the very last person to try and stop anybody here having their say, so please don't get me wrong...Criticism can be constructive but I have also seen it to be destructive to others.
There is absolutely no hint of any impoliteness. I have no clue about dpreview, I do not participate there so, I have no clue what you are talking about. Being English can not be an excuse for anything. Please stop projecting your perception unnecessarily and with oblique sayings. My post was clearly not a criticism. It was fact as I saw it. If you disagree with it fine. If you dislike it, say it in plain (mind the forum etiquette) English. It is that simple.

iiiNelson

There is absolutely no hint of any impoliteness. I have no clue about dpreview, I do not participate there so, I have no clue what you are talking about. Being English can not be an excuse for anything. Please stop projecting your perception unnecessarily and with oblique sayings. My post was clearly not a criticism. It was fact as I saw it. If you disagree with it fine. If you dislike it, say it in plain (mind the forum etiquette) English. It is that simple.
In fairness to Barry - if you don't know people's character well then corrections COULD come off as one of the cynical Sony haters that go on and on about people being stupid for using their products

V

Vivek

In fairness to Barry - if you don't know people's character well then corrections COULD come off as one of the cynical Sony haters that go on and on about people being stupid for using their products
How? :confused:

1. I have/use more SOny products than many in this forum.
2. The perceived "impolite" post was about HDR and CA and has little to do with what was used to capture it with.

iiiNelson

How? :confused:

1. I have/use more SOny products than many in this forum.
2. The perceived "impolite" post was about HDR and CA and has little to do with what was used to capture it with.
Not you specifically. I was speaking in general.

AlanS

A few from this afternoon (I have checked my sensor! :angel:). A7, Jupiter 8, Weardale...

Barry Haines

Apologies everybody :OT:
Eh, What I said was... "I personally just felt that it was a little impolite and unnecessary" that is the only time that I mentioned the word "impolite", surely I have the right to perceive your comment however I wish?..That is my perogative not yours!
What is amusing (or at least to me) is that it comes after your earlier comment.
"No intend to offend you at all. Only you have the right to make the comments"
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/640894-post5140.html
Perhaps we can now just get along with this thread as Guy intended it to be, that's if that is OK with you Vivek?...I look forward to seeing your pictures :)
Cheers Barry

AlanS

Looking good that FL Carlos.
A couple more, A7, Jupiter 9, Weardale...

etrigan63

Yeah, that FL 55mm is sweet. The 35mm f/2 I picked is no slouch either. I currently have my eye on an 85mm f/1.8 that I hope to sniper this weekend. This will round out my primes nicely and for less than 1/2 the cost of the Sony 55mm f/1.8 (in total for the three primes).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.