The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrigan63

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Bill,
my window is way more boring than yours. Scott Kelby once told me that the secret to taking amazing photos is to photograph amazing things. Your view has that in spades.

Wonderful.

slickster

Hi Monty, many thanks.
Once you receive yours I'm sure your doubts will all fade away (+ you will be able to sleep peacefully once again ;) )...It's a great lens that renders beautifully it's hard not to full in love with it...Hope you get it soon, I'm enjoying your images here and on the Nikon thread...It's late here, so I'm off to bed...Cheers for now Barry
Barry..... I ordered mine from Hongkong two days ago on 5/11, based on Bill reporting his satisfaction with the same supplier. It arrived here in Wisconsin at my door TODAY 5/13, which is a total surprise to me. Had I received it a week from now I would have been very happy, but getting it today just blew me away. I took several test shots with my a7r around the house tonight and I can see what the excitement is about, it is beautiful in every way especially the colors and the rendering with ample micro-contrast even at 1.4. Something I've not experienced before and I'm feeling it'll be tempting to keep this on instead of switching to another lens for anything close to a 35mm shot. And, what a feeling just holding the darn thing, the workmanship is superb. I'm not worried of suffering any remorse on this one. My Granddaughter marrys this weekend so timing is also right on also........ Cheers, Monty :toocool:

BTW -- it just dawned on me.... I forgot to even notice the weight.:chug:

Barry Haines

That's fantastic Monty!....I'm so delighted that both you and Bill are very happy with it...Otherwise I would have felt awful had it not lived up to your expectations as it did mine ;)
Please do share if you don't mind who the HK seller was, it could be handy for future purposes...In the past I have had to wait a fortnight for HK to UK deliveries, your seller was amazingly quick to your door...Look forward to seeing some more great images from you with your new lens...Cheers Barry

Doug, lovely to see you back here again my friend posting your beautiful monochromes and with a 16-35mm I see ;) ....Cheers Barry

Bill, that is one beautiful view you have, brilliantly captured may I add...Cheers Barry

Michiel Schierbeek

"Waterlight" A project by Daan Roosegaarde on the Museum square in Amsterdam.
It is an expression of the fact that we are living below sealevel.

Annna T

Beautiful, both the installation and the way you captured it. A click on like wasn't enough to tell how much I like it.

By the way, I just read a short news concerning the last report of the GIEC (Group of Intergovernmental Experts on the Climate) and since the beginning of the XXI th century, the heightening of the sea level is accelerating : 19cm between 1901 and 2010 (+1.7mm a year). The prevision foresee a heightening of between 26cm and 82cm between 2000 and 2100. I wonder how countries like yours or Bangladesh, or some flat islands are going yo do ? Of course Netherlands has learned to cope with that, but how much more can you take ?

That said, things don't necessarily look better in the Alps, where we will have to cope with the melting of the permafrost and the glaciers (which means more rocks falling down and an increased risk of flooding and slopes crolling/coming down.

Last edited:

slickster

That's fantastic Monty!....I'm so delighted that both you and Bill are very happy with it...Otherwise I would have felt awful had it not lived up to your expectations as it did mine ;)
Please do share if you don't mind who the HK seller was, it could be handy for future purposes...In the past I have had to wait a fortnight for HK to UK deliveries, your seller was amazingly quick to your door...Look forward to seeing some more great images from you with your new lens...Cheers Barry

Doug, lovely to see you back here again my friend posting your beautiful monochromes and with a 16-35mm I see ;) ....Cheers Barry

Bill, that is one beautiful view you have, brilliantly captured may I add...Cheers Barry
E-Infinity is the name of the camera company in Hongkong that sells thru ebay.:)
Regards, Monty

k-hawinkler

Michiel,

Excellent image, a composition in blue.
At first I didn't notice the people in the dark foreground.
They sure make the picture for me.
Thanks.

dwood

Thanks for the kind words, my friend. I'm shooting another system now (for the moment, anyway) but dug this one out of the archives. It was one of the last pictures I made with the a7r and yes, that FE 16-35 is a winner! I still check in here to look at your beautiful work and all the great pictures that many other Sony shooters make.

Cheers,
Doug

Michiel Schierbeek

Beautiful, both the installation and the way you captured it. A click on like wasn't enough to tell how much I like it.

By the way, I just read a short news concerning the last report of the GIEC (Group of Intergovernmental Experts on the Climate) and since the beginning of the XXI th century, the heightening of the sea level is accelerating : 19cm between 1901 and 2010 (+1.7mm a year). The prevision foresee a heightening of between 26cm and 82cm between 2000 and 2100. I wonder how countries like yours or Bangladesh, or some flat islands are going yo do ? Of course Netherlands has learned to cope with that, but how much more can you take ?

That said, things didn't look necessarily better in the Alps, where we will have to cope with the melting of the permafrost and the glaciers (which means more rocks falling down and an increased risk of flooding sand slopes crowling down.
Thank you Annna! :)

Another may be bigger problem will become all the rivers ending in our delta. There comes a point we want be able to get all that water to the sea. The dikes around the rivers will have to get higher and higher till it matches sea level. I hope the water engineers will come up with something.

It is time we quit using coles, oil and gas.

BTW The height of the positioning of the lights is at exactly sea level. Frightening isn't it!?

V

Vivek

Thank you Annna! :)

Another may be bigger problem will become all the rivers ending in our delta. There comes a point we want be able to get all that water to the sea. The dikes around the rivers will have to get higher and higher till it matches sea level. I hope the water engineers will come up with something.

It is time we quit using coles, oil and gas.

BTW The height of the positioning of the lights is at exactly sea level. Frightening isn't it!?
I will show this to one in the family who owns and lives in a house at the foot of river Maas.

Michiel Schierbeek

I will show this to one in the family who owns and lives in a house at the foot of river Maas.
No reason to panic yet, Vivek :)

Here are some more.

This guy was working with a huge monopod triggered by wifi. He wanted to shoot above sea level. :D

AlanS

A couple more from yesterday, A7, Jupiter 9, Weardale.....

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

^^ Lovely shot Bill. Who cares about the camera and exposure details. The most important metadata is probably on the side of the film anyway ;)

This would not be my plan B, but more likely plan A :toocool:

A850 + CZ 135/1.8

scho

A few shots taken with the A7r+Leica R 50mm Summicron on a walk downtown.

St. Paul's church soup kitchen entrance ("Loaves & Fishes").

and around the corner is

Tulips are still doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.