The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLP

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Cottesloe Beach, Cottesloe, Western Australia

a7r+135ZA

scho

First gorge walk of the season in Upper Treman gorge near Enfield, NY. Sony A7r + Cambo Actus + Rodenstock APO-Grandagon 55mm. Most were two shot stitches.
My second image in the original post was lost after a WB correction and replacement with the full size (52 MP) original, so here it is again. Some gorge wall detail of the flora.

Great works everyone. Have been busy to get out, but finally I got time to hike. This part of New Mexico is quite unknown on the map in term of place to visit. We discovered this by accident. A place where you can witness all four seasons sometimes :)

All taken with the ZM 15 and A7s.Mod:

UWA macro is a something I'm exploring. It gives a much wider sense of the surrounding (duh!) in semi-macro shots that you don't often see. A couple with UWA and Bokeh :D

Wild Flower

Young Love

On the other hand, being UWA does not exclude a lens from being used in a pano:

Sweeping View of Shaver Camp

The Valley

Then we just have the "normal" view of a 15 of the Razor Peak

Encroaching

Impact Crater

Steep Slope

A Slumber Beast

A Little of Fall

From the Top

Vertical Drop

And something you don't see everyday:

Merging

Red River

Lux 50 ASPH:

Alien Ship

etrigan63

Sure thing, Carlos.

NICE!

That's a Canon printer in the back, right? What model? I have an old W6400pg that works, but I don't have drivers for it anymore. I eventually want to replace it, but I am trying to figure out what to replace it with.

Yeah, an iPF 5000 that I've had forever. Still prints like a champ, though I've replaced print heads twice now.

etrigan63

Yeah, an iPF 5000 that I've had forever. Still prints like a champ, though I've replaced print heads twice now.
I was debating going to a 17-inch unit to save money on ink and paper (I rarely print larger than 16x24 personally) but the ipf5100 has been around for years now and I suspect that a 5200 is not too far away. Same thing with the Epson 4900.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Not a fan of the a77 mkII sensor color output. Very weak, desaturated OOC colors in RAW. If you haven't compared IR or DP raw sample files yet shot with Sony cameras, take a look. It looks like an S-Log flat profile is sneaking into stills.
Here you can find my test shots between a100, a850 & a77 mk2 in raw shot with the same lens.
Interesting observation Malina, but isn't that something that can easily be solved by a different default raw conversion? At least in Lightroom I'm using different defaults conversions between my different cameras to have a more or less consistent starting point between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.