The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikalWGrass

Re: Fun With Sony _____

P, I am not really interested in an a99 or the a7II with the adapter because: 1) I need more reach than what my current camera body and lens can give me, and 2) the a7II might be fine for some sports but it is not too good for water polo. The a77II has the fastest AF around, which is something I can definitely use for water polo. My 70-200/2.8G is the first generation lens and therefore slower than the $3,000.00 newer model. That is a lot of money for a lens if I am not making money from my sports photography.

Things are a bit tight around the household so I will use the a900 until it croaks. I am thinking about putting up a website of my sports photos in the hopes that I can make a few bucks doing something that I enjoy. I know that sports photography is long hours and crap pay, unless one of doing portraits of the athletes in a studio or in their environment (but that to me is not sports photography). If necessary.......

Each new generation of cameras has a different output than the previous generation of cameras. If you ever lurked on the Leica forum, you would have seen the denizens bemoaning the new sensor in the M240 and how the colors are different than with the beloved M9 and M9-P.

Yup, the workflow and the camera settings are the key issues for color control in my estimation. Maybe Molina just needs to fiddle around with the settings so he can get the results he wants without too much post processing.

Malina DZ

a77 mkII

Hope so too Malina, although mine needed a 600 € repair of the AF unit a couple of month ago :(
:eek: that's a pity and reminds that nothing lasts forever...

I would like to pick up the a77II but after Molina's review, I just don't know. I could use the extra reach and AF speed and tracking ability, but not at the loss of color.
Mikal, you'll love the continuous AF speed and accuracy with 70-200/2.8 G so much that the color may not be an issue for you. It's not like you bring a color checker to shoot sports and worry about its 100% accuracy.
You don't see E-mount users complaining about color. Many did use Sony's CCD based cams and a850/900 prior to switching to NEX and A7, and they are happy with their results now. I've got replies from multiple a77 mk2 owners who use C1 for raw conversion and they are satisfied with color profiles the software offers.

V

Vivek

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

I got a "new" lens as well (courtesy of Paratom :) ). :)

Untitled by Vivek Iyer, on Flickr
A7s, Summarit M 35/2.5, The Hague

scho

A couple of shots in the garden using a Rodenstock 75mm f/6.8 Grandagon N lens on the Cambo Actus with the Sony A7r as a digital back.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Carlos. :)

Less than 1cm body length wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.