The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaree

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Views from Whiteface Mountain and Keene Valley, upstate New York.

A7 + assorted Leica lenses.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Bill - Very nice! Would appreciate any feedback on using the Tamron 150-600 with A7ii handheld - what is the hit rate at longer focal lengths and how low can you go on the shutter speed?
Thanks Jaree!
This is a tough lens to handhold; I use it with a tripod or, more often, leaning across a fence, resting against a tree trunk or resting on my partially open car window. Used like that 1/125th is easily possible at 600 mm. I have gone as low as 1/30th but that's hit & miss!

The lens is very sharp at 500 mm, a bit soft at the corners at 600, but for wildlife (my use) that really doesn't matter.

Hope this helps - the lens is a heck of a good buy!

jaree

Thanks Bill, your field notes certainly help. 1/125 at 600mm is very impressive. I don't have much experience with long lenses and only recently tried 400 MM (Leica R 80-200 at 200mm + 2X APO Extender) and it certainly wasn't easy even on a tripod - even a slight whiff of air and the image would shake in magnified live-view.

The Tamron price is certainly very competitive. I will rent it one of these days when I go on a road-trip.

scho

Just trying the photomerge function in LRcc. Two shot pano using A7r+Cambo Actus+Rodenstock 55mm APO-Grandagon. Only problem is the layers are not preserved so can't make manual adjustments.

scho

Just trying the photomerge function in LRcc. Two shot pano using A7r+Cambo Actus+Rodenstock 55mm APO-Grandagon. Only problem is the layers are not preserved so can't make manual adjustments.
Another with same setup, but 4 shots of some old sugar maples stitched in LRcc photomerge and then cropped before exporting jpeg to Flickr.

Barry Haines

This is not something I would normally do but in this situation I wanted the perspective compression of a much longer FL lens (70-200mm is my longest lens).
The FE 70-200mm lens at 171mm FL handheld (I don’t particularly like the IQ much at the 200mm FL, not even cropped!), this has then been heavily cropped down to just 8MP from the A7R 36MP camera.
Please click on “LARGER” link below.

LARGER

WOW, some very awesome works everyone! I was impressed with the current FM posts, but these took it to the next level.

Just received this lens, going all SOOC to evaluate its color rendition on my A7s.mod. My wife told me it gave a very classic look overall. I don't see any clinical-ness. Happy shooter :D. The first batch at the ABQ Botanical Garden:

Leica 50 APO

etrigan63

jfirneno

One more, messing around with a speedlight, gaffer's tape, an umbrella reflector and my son.

(This may become his new online avatar :D)
Carlos:

Congratulations on your son's new avatar. I've always envied the one you use (and the secret underground lair where it was made). After all if family photography isn't fun then why bother?

etrigan63

Carlos:

Congratulations on your son's new avatar. I've always envied the one you use (and the secret underground lair where it was made). After all if family photography isn't fun then why bother?
Thanks. These are always fun to make and are my favorite kind of portrait.

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

^^ not surprised you had to cool these shots down a bit, my experience with AWB and tungsten light is that usually it's setting it way too yellow.

Nice atmosphere by the way, and the colours all look quite nice, both the blues in the water and sky combined with the warmer tones of the tiles, light and skin coulour

Some chimes I shot a few weeks ago

A850 + Helios 44-2 (58/2)

scho

First walkabout on the waterfront trail with the new FE 28mm on my A7r.

Look at full size image and tell me what you see in the sky. I thought at first it was sensor dust, but it only appears in this image. Mayflies?

The home town hockey hero. He went directly from high school to pro hockey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.