The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barry Haines

Re: Fun With Sony _____

A little early summer fun. This bridge is about a mile from my house, and I pass it several times a day. Ten days ago was the first time I had a chance to shoot the jumpers, without the police being around to chase them away. Gear: Sony a900 and Minolta 35/2. The photos are cropped out of necessity. Anything longer than 35 would have prevented me from following the jumpers from when they jumped until when they landed. Question: is there software out there that would have let me stitch (merge) all of the photos into one so I would be able to see the jump sequence from the initial jump to the landing in one frame, sort of like on a GoPro? In the second photo the kid jumped over the railing and then into the water. I want that in one photo if possible.

Unfortunately, I was limited in where I could stand while taking the photos because of where the security fence is, and because I was not about to get into the water without a waterproof housing on my camera. I think I can stand in a different area but I would need a 24mm to get what I need.
Hi Mikal, if you have Photoshop I suspect you could get what you are after by simply making a layer and erasing all that is unnecessary on the top layer around the jumper, then move the jumper around so he aligns with the original background (zoom in and turn the layer on and off to check alignment)...Best to choose lets say RailJump3 (as the background) and RailJump7 (as the top layer) as they both have some separation within the jump itself, otherwise it could get a bit messy if the jumper is overlapping himself (to many arms and legs if you get my drift) that's only if you decide to use several layers I suspect...Once you are happy with the alignment flatten the image off and save afresh...Hope that helps...Cheers Barry

rhern213

A few shots from last night's water polo practice. Shot with the a900 and Minolta 35/2. Cropped just a bit. Colors pretty much out of the box though I did cool the photos down a notch.
Interesting shots Mikal, I played water polo there since 1998, before the pool was renovated :)

Barry Haines

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

Lovely sky Carlos ^^^

Old mining works up at Chapel Porth along the cliffs
A7R + Leica WATE at 21mm

LARGER

JMaher

Nice cat portrait. He/she looks like he is posing for you.

frozenbb

Another great set of captures on this page, all. Keep up the good work! Hopefully one of these days I'll have a bit more time to contribute a few of my own!

iiiNelson

The transmitter weighs less than it looks like it would. Much less than a flash.

There seems to be no ETA for the Odin II. I gave up looking for it to appear and moved on.

Jim
Last I heard on the Phottix Facebook page was the 2nd half of 2015 along with the Sony Indra 500 TTL Strobe Lights

fotoingo

Subscriber Member

Nice pictures everyone ! Will try to contribute some pics in the next days too.
I was on vacation to Hawai and Los Angeles and have to sort my pictures first :)

pegelli

On the way back from Lalinde we saw this little roadside chapel. Although it has seen better days the character is still there in spades

"Notre Dame de la Route Protegez Nous"

All 3 NEX6 + Nokton 35/1.2 II

Status
Not open for further replies.